For the upcoming Battle Grounds 2 patch we would like some feedback on the use of buckshot in the game. We would appreciate it if you could spare a minute and complete this quick poll:
Archive for October, 2013
UPDATE 10/10/2013 – It appears Valve have released a steam client update to stop this error occurring and SDK Base 2007 should update on its own when you go to run Battle Grounds 2.
With a recent update on Steam a lot of players are receiving this error when starting up Battle Grounds 2. Fortunately there is a way to solve this problem.
You need to opt into the steampipe beta for “Source SDK Base 2007″, this can be done by:
1. Enter you games library in Steam and click next to the search bar where it says “ALL GAMES”.
2. From the pop up menu click “Tools”.
3. Scroll down to “Source SDK Base 2007″ and right click on it.
4. Select the properties option from the pop up menu.
5. Select the “BETAS” tab in the properties window.
6. In the drop down box select the “steampipe -” item and press the close button.
This will convert the game engine files to Valve’s new file system (steampipe). It will take a minute or two to convert the files over and it will probably need to download some extra files. When this has finished you should be able to play Battle Grounds 2 again.
Please let all your friends who play Battle Grounds 2 know about this fix so they can get back to the action as soon as possible.