IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> When I Install Bg1v1.0f It Wont Show Up., in my steam games list.
helples
post Jul 25 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,945

ok when i finished down loading bg 1.0f it says if bg did not show up in your steam third party list then restart steam and look again but i dont eaven have a third party list i just have store, my games, my media, tools. and i have found that you need to have a .gcf file in your steamapps file for the game to show up in your steam list but also i bought couter-strike not HL so my steam dose not have HL the game but my steam games list has half-life and says "pre-load complete" under status instead of 100%ready if you have any ideas how to MAKE bg work that would kick ass i use to play it back when it was first developed i was probably one of the first 50 people to play it this was about 3-4 years ago i dont realy know but i realy would like to play it again. humm if you look in your steamapps file if you have a .GCF file for bg you might be able to attach it to hear and i could put it in mine makeing it show on the list and put the bg game file in the file that is named my steam acc name maby this would work? i dont know.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sigge
post Jul 25 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #2

far too busy, bein delicious

Member No.: 4,559

you need to have hl 100% and to get it so you need to buy it/activate cd-key

This post has been edited by sigge: Jul 25 2006, 02:02 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Marnie Richards)
you don't KNOW ME. i am a good friend, i pride myself on that. and it IS a chore, she shouldn't have got herself in this situation and it is her fault. it is like when a friend gets drunk and you have to look after them. it is a hassle and you shouldn't have to do it, but you know you will do it because you do that for friends.

+Quote Post
helples
post Jul 25 2006, 02:09 PM
Post #3

Private

humm . what if i dont buy it but just activate a cd-key?

+Quote Post
sigge
post Jul 25 2006, 02:13 PM
Post #4

you need to have it bought if you want to actviate cd-key. I suppose you have it bought if you played this game when it was developed.

This post has been edited by sigge: Jul 25 2006, 02:13 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Marnie Richards)
you don't KNOW ME. i am a good friend, i pride myself on that. and it IS a chore, she shouldn't have got herself in this situation and it is her fault. it is like when a friend gets drunk and you have to look after them. it is a hassle and you shouldn't have to do it, but you know you will do it because you do that for friends.

+Quote Post
helples
post Jul 25 2006, 02:17 PM
Post #5

Private

yeah i bought it like 3 times cus i ither lost the game or the cd-key and i dont have the game any more cus i quit playing but now that you can buy counter-strike i just bought CS. but can i just get a key gen and activate a fake key i mean i have bought the game like 3 times at least so i wouldent consider it stealing.

+Quote Post
gecko
post Jul 25 2006, 02:23 PM
Post #6

King Gecko of 1.0F Dev
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,511

Actually that is stealing. No you cannot use a key gen, they dont exist and they dont work, and if you try common stolen keys then your steam account will just get suspended. If you want to play this game then you should either buy HL1 or be less careless.

+Quote Post
sigge
post Jul 25 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #7

IPB Image

--------------------
QUOTE(Marnie Richards)

+Quote Post
helples
post Jul 25 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #8

Private

um no it is not stealing i have bought the game 3 times they have got more than there fare share of money out of me.

and what if i just happen to have a cd-key from when i owned it b4?? what then??

+Quote Post
Sgt Pepper
post Jul 25 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #9

Sgt Pepper - Just the wrong side of 'taste' since 1805
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 11

Then there's no problem, is there? Unless you got yourself VAC'd or something. I'd suggest you stop inquiring any further about any kind of illegal acquirement of a CD-key. Warez is expressively forbidden in the forum rules.

+Quote Post
helples
post Jul 25 2006, 02:46 PM
Post #10

Private

im not realy going to do that i was just saying what if i did. im pritty shure i can find one of my old cd-keys + i wouldent want to get my steam account suspended.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st January 2020 - 07:10 AM