> 2 Weapons, Spawned with 2 weapons
Madcooie
post Aug 14 2006, 09:48 AM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,045

Hey all,

Was playing BG2 last night on bg_ambush i believe on American side. When i spawned i scrolled my mouse wheel and realised i had spawned with both the minute man rifle and the musket of infantry...I didn't use this to my advantage but some people may...firing one weapon and quickly change to the other gun to finish them off!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forlorn_Hope
post Aug 14 2006, 01:36 PM
Post #2

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 2,023

That sounds like an odd one, I've never heard of it before. The most similar thing to it that I know of is when the cheats are on and I just give myself a bunch of different weapons so I can dev test them. If you didn't type anything in though... 'Tis odd, to say the least.

--------------------
"There will be no more naked sunbathing." An actual rule for the base I was on, in the middle of Afghanistan.

"Forlorn basically said everything right." Codename:V

+Quote Post
Madcooie
post Aug 14 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #3

Private

Member No.: 5,045

Well, i was thinking about it and maybe because i was scrolling the mouse wheel whilst spawning may have made me spawn with 2 weapons? But i don't have any cheats or such as i am completely against cheating as it requires no skill and lessens the game's enjoyment level. But i just thought i'd mention it as no one else seems to have had this glitch happen to them yet...However, i was playing with 2 friends and they saw it too (i demonstrated that i'd spawned with 2 weapons)

+Quote Post
sigge
post Aug 14 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #4

far too busy, bein delicious

Member No.: 4,559

forlorn meant server setting sv_cheats 1

This post has been edited by sigge: Aug 14 2006, 03:56 PM

--------------------
QUOTE(Marnie Richards)
you don't KNOW ME. i am a good friend, i pride myself on that. and it IS a chore, she shouldn't have got herself in this situation and it is her fault. it is like when a friend gets drunk and you have to look after them. it is a hassle and you shouldn't have to do it, but you know you will do it because you do that for friends.

+Quote Post
PG Tips
post Aug 14 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #5

Lieutennant

Member No.: 3,465

Back in the days of .13 I found a server where the kiddy admin would quickly turn cheats on and off so that he could noclip around the place.

I managed to stick an impulse 101 on at this time and enjoyed having the extra pistol and rifle smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tjoppen
post Aug 16 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #6

Major
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 1,207

In older versions killed players would drop their weapons for others to pick up. This was interesting, and kinda cheating aswell, as the picked up weapons would always be loaded. If dropped weapons preserved its clip size then it wouldn't be too bad, fairly realistic I guess.
What I did was have the weapons disappear after being dropped, but it might be possible that you'll get the weapon of your victim if you're close enough. I doubt it though, as we'd see it a lot with melee in that case.
I'm going to put this down to a fluke if the server wasn't running with sv_cheats 1. It's going to be hard to replicate anyway.

+Quote Post
Elvis Of Borg
post Aug 16 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #7

Corporal

Member No.: 4,501

A few times in the last week or so I've thought someone had fired at me but when I charged to do a little bayo dance I was promptly pb'd. There have always been other players near, or they were a little out of my direct line of sight on the first shot so I figured it was just me. When I mentioned it on vent or in the game nobody else reported similar events. Since there are only a couple of us who can activate cheats I can say for sure they were not on.

Oddly enough an American on Ambush (I was British), reported a second weapon a few weeks back. He was killed while typing and looking at the weapons and never had the opportunity to use either.

Would seem to be an anomaly as Tjoppen stated.

This post has been edited by Elvis Of Borg: Aug 16 2006, 03:48 PM

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Aug 16 2006, 09:45 PM
Post #8

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

I once saw a Loyalist kill someone with a Brown Bess awhile back. It may have been this fluke in .17. I haven't seen it either besides that once.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th July 2019 - 03:02 PM