IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Line Battle Championship, make it official?
Danihel
post Apr 19 2010, 03:33 AM
Post #1

Lieutennant
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,538

Hey,

As I have mentioned to all that I have talked to about getting this section of the forum up and running, I was also looking to get input about getting
the LBC officially backed. What this would mean is having a bit more publicity for it by having the results of each match posted in the forums, as well as a space for members to interact with one another and give input into various topics concerning the league, such as rules and membership requirements. Making it official would not mean loosening the standards required for membership; but by increasing awareness of the league, newer players are able to create a team, practice with each other and if they fit the mold, enter the Line Battle Championship. I think that making it "public" or officially backed would not necessarily mean that random people can join with total ease, but make it so it gets a bit more attention and allows newer players to see how the league is run so they can have the option whether to join it or not.

The reason for doing this would be to prepare for the influx of players that may or may not appear with my promotional efforts that accompany the new patch. By making the Line Battle Community a bit more accessible, and by making the Line Battle Championship visible, newer players can easily get info about how line battle works and how the Line Battle Championship is run. If they take interest in Line Battles, then they can adhere to the membership requirements and rules of Line Battle Championship and apply to join. I think that with proper control and stringent membership requirements, you can still keep the league running smoothly as it has been, yet you can also enjoy a surge in the amount of players that participate in line battles.

Let me know what you all think.

This post has been edited by Danihel: Apr 19 2010, 04:43 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Peacekeeper90
post Apr 19 2010, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,687

very good idea danihel. i like your advertising effort very much :)
maybe after release iam interested to join a lb team..

+Quote Post
Stalker
post Apr 19 2010, 05:37 PM
Post #3

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,344

I think that this could be a good idea. The championship needs alot of clans to grow and become more competetive so making sure people know about it would be good in the long run.

This post has been edited by Stalker: Apr 19 2010, 05:37 PM

+Quote Post
klifsnider
post Apr 19 2010, 07:29 PM
Post #4

Major
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 7,408

I heard La Familia was interested in joining the league

--------------------
Collected awards in BGU matches:
>Most Annoying Playstyle
>Lamest Killstealer
>Best Spectator

+Quote Post
Hamburglar
post Apr 20 2010, 02:19 PM
Post #5

Sergeant

Member No.: 13,783

HairyPotter is a sexy beast.

This post has been edited by hairypotter: Apr 23 2010, 11:32 PM

+Quote Post
Really Good Pie
post Apr 20 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #6

Lieutennant

Member No.: 12,776

One of Twists best ideas. I loved how its a league thats not a league.

--------------------

Make your sig less yummier.

QUOTE (Copywright @ Feb 7 2010, 07:59 PM) *
Dude, I first logged in after 9 moths with the name copywright on the. server, I ownt everyone with sword then I asked if I could join. TiE said ok, I threw in an app, then later that same day, some AP member was like dude.. copywright is banned from bgl.. Then tiedup was like are you banned? I said yes.. but I dont know why, then TIE said you seem like a nice guy so im going to keep you in. I said I am gonna go on my other account and change my name, so I went on butt pirate and Pmed him, and I threw in yet another application right after copywright ( of course he deleted it now ) and dani figured out I wa copywright like a week later

- Copywright

QUOTE (the.TIEdup14)
has: I said I was going to do it
has: I told Danihale Too.
the.TIEdup14: DANIHEL IS AN IDIOT

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Apr 20 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #7

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

Well obviously this is just evidence of some people really not having any idea. It's been more than a year since I was playing in TRR (both BGL and going to their practices, not any "LB scrims" however), but there was a lot of experimenting back then. TRR practiced wheeling, splitting up into two independent columns, two rank formations. Some of the people both inside and outside of the LB clans seem to dumb it down to 1 line per team fire at other line and eventually charge, but I don't think that should be the goal of doing LB. It may be what they're doing on their servers instead of regular game play but there is much more real coordinated teams that practice every week can do.

Furthermore, this is the section is supposed to give the Line Battle Community a place to represent itself as part of bgmod. You guys troll your bgl forums, you don't belong here. You have nothing to contribute. It's pointless that you guys post here because you have nothing relevant to say, you don't have anything to do with this. This will be the last friendly calling for you guys.

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
Para_bellum
post Apr 20 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #8

Private

Member No.: 14,039

I like linebattling, plain and simple. It is a very appealing part of bg2 for some players.
I understand that public linebattles can be extremely annoying, for instance, have a commander/admin who's a belligerent 14 year old.
But i think if you guys ever got into an actual linebattle clan match you would be able to see that it's not only an interesting take on the game but an enjoyable one.

now regarding the lbc

29th won against 22nd and livgarden!
83rd are next to go!

--------------------
Roflman147: my crush doesn't like me. So I took advice from my cousin, he said "Go infront of her and say love me bitch

+Quote Post
Danihel
post Apr 20 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #9

Lieutennant
Group Icon

Someone should run a predictions thread for Line Battle Championship.

+Quote Post
analord
post Apr 20 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #10

BG's number uno

Member No.: 6,981

would be nice if the big linebattle clans would take 6 of their 100 players and make a bgl team

--------------------
Vitali Rapflow: frodo
Vitali Rapflow: find the ring
Vitali Rapflow: now
Vitali Rapflow: go
Be Blue ! Dallan disconnected.

+Quote Post
15th Col Hherlev
post Apr 22 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #11

Lieutennant

Member No.: 13,321

QUOTE (analord @ Apr 21 2010, 12:57 AM) *
would be nice if the big linebattle clans would take 6 of their 100 players and make a bgl team

We´ve done that already, and I´d be happy to set up 5 more teams, if that was the case, but Hachiman won´t allow it.

Anyways, enough of BGL.

For the last month, 15th have fought Livgarden and HGN in the LBC, sadly, they all had to forfeit. So thats a winning streak for us... In some way??

If you want to learn more about the LBC, goto www.lbchamp.wordpress.com, may not be a "state-of-the-art" website, with flash animations, and epic quick-chat boxes, and smart login panels... But the shit works, so dont bullshit it!

--------------------
Friend of Chuck Norris!

+Quote Post
hairypotter
post Apr 23 2010, 04:32 AM
Post #12

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,585

QUOTE (TIEdup14 @ Apr 23 2010, 03:20 AM) *
Just curious-- what do all of the LineBattle clans think about the people who join their servers specifically to grief, tk, and ruin the linebattles? Is there a cfg/solution in place to try and prevent it or is it just an accepted cost of doing business?

They ban you. Speaking from experience.

--------------------
fa⋅ce⋅tious  [fuh-see-shuhs] –adjective
1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a BG2 developer.

+Quote Post
Danihel
post Apr 23 2010, 05:31 PM
Post #13

Lieutennant
Group Icon

Just curious-- what do all of the LineBattle clans think about the people who join their servers specifically to grief, tk, and ruin the linebattles? Is there a cfg/solution in place to try and prevent it or is it just an accepted cost of doing business?

Create a new topic if you want to hijack the thread. This discussion is intended to get opinions from the linebattle community about whether the LBC should be made a bit more accessible.

+Quote Post
15th Col Hherlev
post Apr 23 2010, 07:14 PM
Post #14

Lieutennant

Member No.: 13,321

In some way, its official. But the LBC admins, decides in the final end who gets in or not.

If you want to join, simply go to the website, and submit your clan, by making an app. We will then decide, whether you are fit to compete in the LBC.

--------------------
Friend of Chuck Norris!

+Quote Post
Danihel
post Apr 23 2010, 08:34 PM
Post #15

Lieutennant
Group Icon

Are there any specific requirements a clan needs to meet before it can join the LBC? If so, they should probably be posted so clans will have a rough goal to work toward before they decide to apply.

+Quote Post
wellington
post Jul 25 2013, 10:30 AM
Post #16

Lieutennant

Member No.: 14,251

Time to revive this!

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Jul 25 2013, 02:16 PM
Post #17

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 14,831

There has been talk of writing a new line battle rule set. You should get in touch with the leader of 29th, and 24th and see what you can come up with.

--------------------
bjn: no time for sean nanny goons

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th December 2017 - 12:43 PM