mpc
post May 16 2010, 11:56 PM
Post #1

Padawan of Grantelbart
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 6,884

Hey guys,

I know you guys got tons of players, so I got a small wish which would make myself and the BGL EU community very happy if you complied. We need you guys which have not yet formed teams in the BGL to do so. I know Livgarden, 83rd and TDR have not got any teams, and it would be great if you guys could rally your best (or worse would be better for us) melee players and form a 5 man team and hopefully tons of substitutes to join us each Sunday at 19 GMT. This would allow you to win glory and fame for your clan in the BGL, and you might even be good enough to get up to the title!

So please, form up a 5 man team with your 80 man rosters and help us out :)

- MPC

--------------------
Want to join TRR? www.theroyalrecruits.com - Plexi's cat can see your soul!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Danihel
post May 17 2010, 04:30 AM
Post #2

Lieutennant
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,538

Yes, bgl EU could use a boost in players. Keep in mind you do not have to be European to play, also you can be registered in the NA league and still play in EU. So what are you waiting for?!?!

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post May 17 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #3

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

some of the 'pwnz0r' teams are about to pull so if you want a relaxed and fun league the BGL EU could still be something for you. It's all about being a part and enjoying a good match with friends. I don't care much for winning, TRR is in for the fun

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
klifsnider
post May 17 2010, 10:23 PM
Post #4

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,408

Grantel is right, a scrim is great fun, there are some matches that are annoying, but most of the time you just have fun with some friends.
I would also like to thank 15th and 22nd for having a BGL team for so long when they're both just linebattle clans! These clans are a great example for the other linebattle clans out there.
Surely nobody wants to do less good than 15th? Join BGL today!

--------------------
Collected awards in BGU matches:
>Most Annoying Playstyle
>Lamest Killstealer
>Best Spectator

+Quote Post
jackx
post May 17 2010, 10:58 PM
Post #5

midnight devcult phenomena
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,223

To put a further optimistic (but not unrealistic, IMHO) spin on this: Not only are scrims and matches fun, but the more clans there are, the more time can be spent playing and enjoying the game, and the less time has to be spent with pointless e-drama and flaming because it's the 3rd right in a row you couldn't get a scrim and you're all bored...

--------------------
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be... no peace
no peace!

-------

+Quote Post
15th Col Hherlev
post May 18 2010, 06:50 AM
Post #6

Lieutennant

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,321

QUOTE (klifsnider @ May 18 2010, 12:23 AM) *
Surely nobody wants to do less good than 15th? Join BGL today!

Klif for fudge sake! We should have a good 3rd place in the BGL, but because of out bad loss streak, we are far from even moving away from the bottom! We pretty much got there, because I had led the BGL team for over a year, and I never took it serious, plus Im just about the worst melee player in the whole community!

But screw you Klif anyway!

Also, just to add, 83rd, Livgarden, TDR and who else might consider joining, and have some variety in the bg2 gameplay, you guys should definatly join the BGL.

--------------------
Friend of Chuck Norris!

+Quote Post
klifsnider
post May 18 2010, 12:51 PM
Post #7

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 7,408

I wanted to say a few things regarding my posts yesterday.

To jackx: I respect you and whatever contribution you have done to bg mod, but you can't expect to come back after 2 years pretending you know everything about the current (skirmish) community :). Choosing the developer's side because you were a developer in the past is not a valid reason in my eyes.

To slash: If I understand correctly, this is what happened: The BG devs put pressure on you to remove the BGL subforum, so you did infact delete it, even though you weren't happy with it. Is that what happened? Can you please just explain what happened, what upsets me most is that I don't really know what went on that night. And thank you for the new bgl forum!

To herlev:
QUOTE (15th Col Hherlev @ May 18 2010, 06:50 AM) *
Klif for fudge sake! We should have a good 3rd place in the BGL, but because of out bad loss streak, we are far from even moving away from the bottom! We pretty much got there, because I had led the BGL team for over a year, and I never took it serious, plus Im just about the worst melee player in the whole community!

But screw you Klif anyway!

Also, just to add, 83rd, Livgarden, TDR and who else might consider joining, and have some variety in the bg2 gameplay, you guys should definatly join the BGL.

I think 15th is doing a great job in BGL, and you know I love you, I just said that because linebattle clans are always so competitive and almost hostile towards eachother (whereas skirmish clans are usually just a friendly bunch of players) and I wanted to use that to get them to play bgl :)

This post has been edited by klifsnider: May 18 2010, 12:52 PM

--------------------
Collected awards in BGU matches:
>Most Annoying Playstyle
>Lamest Killstealer
>Best Spectator

+Quote Post
jackx
post May 18 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #8

midnight devcult phenomena
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,223

As I already stated in the thread that was closed, I should've kept my mouth shut. And it wasn't you who got me started, it was Analord, with his talk of "old players", which made me remember that this current bgl drama is still really the same as it wasn in 2003 and 2004. That prompted some rather jaded, arrogant and altogether inappropriate responses - made worse by the fact that I did not explicitly state my point of reference (I deliberately omitted the bg1 before the version numbers for instance), so instead of the desired "calm down, this isn't a big deal" effect I was hoping for, I ended up fellating my ego and stirring things up further. I'll go eat some humble pie, including the one I was served from you.

I did try to explain why having a BGL forum in which (moderate) trolling/flames are allowed would still be an annoyance from a moderators point of view, even if they don't care about the flames, or are amused by them, because it simply adds extra workload for them... but that wasn't really me siding with the developers, just trying to rationalize to calm things down.
Didn't work, and it's my fault, because I buried it under selfindulgent and arrogant ramblings.

--------------------
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be... no peace
no peace!

-------

+Quote Post
mpc
post May 26 2010, 10:07 PM
Post #9

Padawan of Grantelbart
Group Icon

Member No.: 6,884

Is there a webpage for the LBC community? I just want to look around.

--------------------
Want to join TRR? www.theroyalrecruits.com - Plexi's cat can see your soul!

+Quote Post
Ad-Man
post May 26 2010, 11:57 PM
Post #10

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3,147

http://lbchamp.wordpress.com/ seems to be it.

--------------------
Do you cant read me ? Not read ..
Not like whot i write ? not read too ...
Where is the problem ?

QUOTE (Copywright (wallhacker/bad modeler))
BGu had a chance of coming back but Roob failed sad really

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 12:06 AM