> Wip Updated Player Models, Made some, just infantry so far
22ndhogan
post Apr 26 2016, 12:19 PM
Post #1

Rumpel

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,999

Hi,

Been in touch with roob, and will put the models in the svn soon; thought I should deposit some information somewhere though lol. I have been updating the player models, and have done brit and american infantry so far.

Some notes;

The tails of the coats are jigglebones, and they look good in modelviewer but ingame can be a different game, they can be buggy so will need some testing.

The textures are very high res right now; both the face and body textures. They look nice, but I would probably lower them for release, and make a high res texture pack that people could optionally add? I am also happy for people to re-texture, as I am not the best at this aspect. So source will go in that dipository when models pretty complete.

The models are pretty high poly, but have several LOD's each both in texture and polycount, so performance will probably ok, if not perhaps better than current ones (which have no LOD's). Also, looking at the maps on the SVN it looks as though you are heading for much more pretty stuff anyway.

The models share head geometry, and head textures, of which I have made a few. Could have many more, but don't have the reference material available for any more. Need high res images of faces front and side, and diagonal if possible.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
22ndhogan
post Apr 26 2016, 12:21 PM
Post #2

Rumpel

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,999

Also ignore the funky-ness on one of the coat tails in the gif, issue fixed but cba to make new video.

Also the face has flexes, so can be lip-synched, if people are interested in having voice commands actually spoken by models.

This post has been edited by 22ndhogan: Apr 26 2016, 12:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 06:48 AM