> Svn Server Online - Post Bugs Here, - How to - Server - Bug Reports -
Really Good Pie
post Apr 14 2009, 01:52 AM
Post #1

Lieutennant

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,776

I am editing this to try and make it nub proof biggrin.gif

There are a few steps you will need to take in order to get the new Beta of BattleGrounds. I will do my best to walk you step by step, so that all possible questions will have an answer.

1. You will first need to download SVN. This is a program that most moders use for their games that is more or less a patching system. This program is used so the dev team does not have to keep making a million different clients for the users. It saves time, space, and keeps things neat as well as clean. Please go to this link here to download SVN: http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads

2: From here you have a few choices to choose from. If you do not know what 32 bit or 64 bit is, the high chances are that you have a 32 bit. So download the 1st link stated: "32 Bit TortoiseSVN-1.6.1.16129-win32-svn-1.6.1.msi Installer"

3: After downloading this program, install it. This is now your new best friend. Now, please goto your /Steam/SteamApps/SourceMods/ folder, in here create a folder called bg2-SVN

4: Right click on your bg2-svn folder that you had just made, there is now an option called "SVN Check Out..."

5: After clicking on "SVN Checkout..." you will see a pop up. The very first field you need to enter the following URL: http://svn.bgmod.com/game/bg2

6:Now, when updating it may give you an error when it's done. Do not worry, I have seen a few people who have tried to update with the SVN including my self.

**If you get this error in the screen shot above follow these steps!*** Just right click on the folder and click "SVN Update". You may have to repeat this a few times, but it will correct it's self.****

7: After SVN has fully updated with out any errors you will now need to restart Steam. After restarting steam you will see the following in your game list. Happy gaming.

The server will be a 20 man, I doubt it will be needed but never know. There are two new classes as well as some good looking maps.

I would like to request any bugs to be posted in this thread, so the devs can get things working as fast as possible. Also if you have any questions about updating or what not, please post as well.

If the devs do not want this post here you are more then welcome to remove it, or edit it.

I like to thank Slash, and the rest of the Battle Grounds 2 team for providing this information. I only made pretty screen shots with more text to help players out that are less understanding of how to do this.

Thanks.

This post has been edited by Hero: Apr 14 2009, 07:05 AM

--------------------

Make your sig less yummier.

QUOTE (Copywright @ Feb 7 2010, 07:59 PM) *
Dude, I first logged in after 9 moths with the name copywright on the. server, I ownt everyone with sword then I asked if I could join. TiE said ok, I threw in an app, then later that same day, some AP member was like dude.. copywright is banned from bgl.. Then tiedup was like are you banned? I said yes.. but I dont know why, then TIE said you seem like a nice guy so im going to keep you in. I said I am gonna go on my other account and change my name, so I went on butt pirate and Pmed him, and I threw in yet another application right after copywright ( of course he deleted it now ) and dani figured out I wa copywright like a week later

- Copywright

QUOTE (the.TIEdup14)
has: I said I was going to do it
has: I told Danihale Too.
the.TIEdup14: DANIHEL IS AN IDIOT
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MCDC TWIST
post Apr 14 2009, 03:10 AM
Post #2

BG Pro

Member No.: 7,001

leave it to hero to provide us with the latest bg action ballin!

--------------------

+Quote Post
hairypotter
post Apr 15 2009, 12:34 AM
Post #3

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,585

* Fixed the bug where players respawn with a ctf_flag if they die and respawn within the CtfFlag::Think() process.
* cl_flagstatus no longer affects CTF hud.
* Making progress with playing direct .wav sounds in captures for ctf_flag and flag entities rather than scripted sounds.
* Fixed a memory leak where a player's name will not be freed from RAM when they leave the server.
*Fixed the animated text for the CTF flag hud.
*Added the simulatedbullets exploit fix.
*CTF hud textures are set to align left so they don't overlap the death messages.
*Added a sort of KOTH mode to normal flags. Basically it's just an option that allows mappers to disable fullcaps on flags.

Will be comitted soon. Might fix a few other things, including the hud alignment.
Comitted to SVN.

--------------------
fa⋅ce⋅tious  [fuh-see-shuhs] –adjective
1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a BG2 developer.

+Quote Post
analord
post Apr 15 2009, 10:58 AM
Post #4

BG's number uno

Member No.: 6,981

nice guideline hero

--------------------
Vitali Rapflow: frodo
Vitali Rapflow: find the ring
Vitali Rapflow: now
Vitali Rapflow: go
Be Blue ! Dallan disconnected.

+Quote Post
bombodrom
post Jun 8 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #5

Admiral

Member No.: 11,339

i got error i try starting bg2 svn
its completly updated

http://img44.imageshack.us/my.php?image=11111u.jpg

any ideas ?

This post has been edited by bombodrom: Jun 8 2009, 05:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Agent5
post Jun 8 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #6

sup
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,554

I love Alba <3

no ideas on how to fix it though sorry

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Oct 23 2009, 03:41 PM
Post #7

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

I think I remember this problem.. but I don't exactly know whats wrong and what you need to do. Ask HP about it, he knows

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
AGENT
post Oct 27 2009, 03:02 AM
Post #8

AP Clan Founder
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,219

germantown autocaps last flag sometimes

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tottel
post Jan 14 2010, 10:19 PM
Post #9

Sergeant

Member No.: 6,997

Right, I'll just post this in here. I've been away from the BG2-SVN for quite a while. I returned after someone told me that there were massive updates.

So I did the updates, quite a lot of them indeed. But, please, PLEASE, add some comments to each commit!! I'd like to actually know what has changed and you can only benefit from it if you ever have to revert!

+Quote Post
Peacekeeper90
post Jan 15 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #10

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,687

i think in 99% the name are self explaining!?

+Quote Post
Tottel
post Jan 15 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #11

Sergeant

Member No.: 6,997

Peacekeeper, It doesn't.. AT ALL!

A server or client.dll update, how are we supposed to know what's new? A map update, same..

Is it that hard to add a bit of comments?

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Jan 15 2010, 06:15 PM
Post #12

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Sometimes from the position of a developer it is difficult. This is e.g. if you don't actually change anything but just improve the organisation of something or correct a small mistake, or if you only optimize or delete unnecessary stuff. I haven't actually commited a lot recently. I know some people don't ever leave comments, I always make sure to at least mention my name so people know who did something (we all use bgmod account so it isn't obvious otherwise).

--------------------

+Quote Post
Peacekeeper90
post Jan 15 2010, 07:59 PM
Post #13

Major
Group Icon

Member No.: 13,687

hehe i did not even noticed that i can leave a comment - when i commit something bigger next time - i will write something to it.
but of course not when i fix a little bug on my map

+Quote Post
Really Good Pie
post Feb 8 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #14

Lieutennant

Member No.: 12,776

Let me know when you want to start getting bug reports on stuff. Also on what.

--------------------

Make your sig less yummier.

QUOTE (Copywright @ Feb 7 2010, 07:59 PM) *
Dude, I first logged in after 9 moths with the name copywright on the. server, I ownt everyone with sword then I asked if I could join. TiE said ok, I threw in an app, then later that same day, some AP member was like dude.. copywright is banned from bgl.. Then tiedup was like are you banned? I said yes.. but I dont know why, then TIE said you seem like a nice guy so im going to keep you in. I said I am gonna go on my other account and change my name, so I went on butt pirate and Pmed him, and I threw in yet another application right after copywright ( of course he deleted it now ) and dani figured out I wa copywright like a week later

- Copywright

QUOTE (the.TIEdup14)
has: I said I was going to do it
has: I told Danihale Too.
the.TIEdup14: DANIHEL IS AN IDIOT

+Quote Post
Lewis
post Mar 10 2010, 03:25 AM
Post #15

Corporal

Member No.: 2,232

Hi,

I tried to download the Beta file of BG but, each and every time, I get this error message. Anybody have a solution and/or an explication?

Lewis

NOTE: I tried to apply the option ''check updates'' on the map file, but the SVN application tells me that the file is ''locked''. When I try to unlock it (using SVN options), the SVN application tells me that there is nothing to unlock. When I delete the entire map file, the SVN start to re-download the entire file but an error always occur concerning the map bg_huntington.

So, I deleted the entire bg2-svn file and re-downloaded it serveral times, but the same error (as shown on the image linked to this post) appear.

I'm in a wheel of fire from hell. Satan doesn't want me to beta-test BG...

This post has been edited by Lewis: Mar 10 2010, 05:16 AM

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Mar 10 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #16

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

I think we have deleted the map now to get rid of these problems. Just delete the whole maps folder again and update the whole bg2-svn.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Lewis
post Mar 10 2010, 03:30 PM
Post #17

Corporal

Member No.: 2,232

I tried to download the beta this morning and now everything is fine :).

See you all on the battlefield!

Thanks,

Lewis

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 12:51 PM