Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Small Bugs In The Ticket System
Sejd
post Jul 7 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #1

Corporal

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,258

You can't set the mp_respawntime value to 0 , minimum is 1, if you set it to 0 you get "out of time round is over"

The ticket value display only holds between 0 and 255. If the value is set over 256 the display "rolls over". so if you set it to 300, 256 gets put hidden and it only shows 44 (300-256=44), when the 44 are drained it counts on the hidden 256.

12.5 as a default drain amount if you hold more than half the flags seems like alot.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Jul 7 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #2

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

QUOTE (Sejd @ Jul 7 2011, 07:05 PM) *
You can't set the mp_respawntime value to 0 , minimum is 1, if you set it to 0 you get "out of time round is over"

The ticket value display only holds between 0 and 255. If the value is set over 256 the display "rolls over". so if you set it to 300, 256 gets put hidden and it only shows 44 (300-256=44), when the 44 are drained it counts on the hidden 256.

12.5 as a default drain amount if you hold more than half the flags seems like alot.

Is this with the very latest version or one more than a day old? Tjoppen committed some work on the ticket system just today, and it's still a work in progress. Is this with those additions from today?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sejd
post Jul 7 2011, 11:51 PM
Post #3

Corporal

The very latest.

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Jul 8 2011, 04:19 PM
Post #4

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,115

I figure Tjoppen saves every bit there, so the ticket number is an unsigned byte (0-255 capacity). We probably need to extend it to a few more bits, or just use an integer.

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
Tjoppen
post Jul 9 2011, 10:59 AM
Post #5

Major
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 1,207

Fixed display error in revision 2671 (revision 598 in code):
Up m_iTicketsLeft bits to 12, making the max displayable number of tickets 4095

/Tjoppen

Also, I can't reproduce that mp_respawntime = 0 issue. Got any more details?

+Quote Post
Sejd
post Jul 9 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #6

Corporal

O sorry I should have put more details to that issue, if mp_respawntime 0 is set before a round of tickets is initiated the bug occurs.

If you however change it during a round the bug does not display itself.

Edit Hmm, strange when I try to reproduce it myself I can't make it appear, maybe it's map specific.

Edit2 Very strange indeed, tried it on the map it first occurred on, but I can't reproduce it, Thats good I guess!

This post has been edited by Sejd: Jul 9 2011, 11:38 PM

+Quote Post
Sejd
post Jul 19 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #7

Corporal

The above bug reappeared, or maybe I just figured out how it worked. =x

1st change the mp_respawntime to 0
2nd You can either wait for 300 sec's (default ticket round time) right now or switch it immediately to mp_respawnstye 3, if you wait a round time before you switch to ticket mode the bug appears instantly.
3rd Wait for a round to finish. the game play should work fine, instant re-spawn, normal ticket drain etc.
4th bug appears, instant round finish.

The auto switch with the teams after a round in ticket mode messes up the weapon selection. It doesn't remember what gun I had selected, tested with Royal infantry and Continental soldier

Old maps who have flags which starts capped and only one team can capture, doesn't count as capped for the first team and thus doesn't drain the enemy's tickets, this is excluding the new version of bg_fall.

The american side on bg_fall cannot win by flag capture drain. it stops at 0 and a British soldier have to die for the last ticket to drain.

And Yes this is with the latest revision up to the date and time of this post (2690).

This post has been edited by Sejd: Jul 19 2011, 03:13 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 11th December 2019 - 09:52 AM