IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> 0.15 - Hud, Fixes, Flag Indicators Etc.
TinEastwood
post Jan 9 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #76

BftC management

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,598

5 days, the files has bin hosted on the new webserver:

bg2-0.15 installer - 2030 downloads

bg2-0.15 zip - 261 downloads

total 62.83 GB used on all files hosted.

This post has been edited by TinEastwood: Jan 9 2006, 04:50 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bossss
post Jan 11 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #77

Private

Member No.: 4,307

We have new URL for the mod.

ftp://85.25.3.37/bg2-0.15.exe
ftp://85.25.3.37/bg2-0.15.zip

The old URL does not function any longer.

bye,
flames-clan.de

+Quote Post
Tjoppen
post Jan 11 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #78

Major
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 1,207

Bossss: I'll update my post, but I can't update the frontpage..

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Jan 11 2006, 11:18 PM
Post #79

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,115

bp can (probably)

maybe you could do a redirect thing, Bosssss?

This post has been edited by gRanTeLbArT: Jan 11 2006, 11:18 PM

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
Black Panther
post Jan 12 2006, 05:43 PM
Post #80

everybody loves

Member No.: 6

Updated front page.

Thanks for the update and mirror.

+Quote Post
PG Tips
post Jan 13 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #81

Lieutennant

Member No.: 3,465

I've decided to take a break from seeding the installer so that I could actually try it out.

First thing I noticed was the cosmetic difference, loving the new continental soldier even if his eyes seem a bit squint. HUD's excellent, brings back BG1 memories smile.gif

The decrease in volume of footsteps, this, I'm not so keen about. The footsteps added greater depth of environment to the game. Now people can run up right behind you and stick you in the head without hearing the slightest scuffle!

I noticed it was harder to kill an entire team as the officer now due to the damage increase. Maybe I am too used to 0.14 but I would actually prefer if the soldier weapons were tweaked down a slight amount in the future, as getting 204 damage would seem pretty pointless.

Friendly fire being off on several servers annoys me. DonD had it on before the update which was excellent, people tended to work together more rather than sitting back and taking potshots into mauls of players.

Overall, a nice update. Good job. Looking forward to the new militia model being released in the next version (fingers crossed)

This post has been edited by PG Tips: Jan 13 2006, 11:50 AM

+Quote Post
Draco
post Jan 13 2006, 12:00 PM
Post #82

They've taken my poopsmith!

Member No.: 3,242

aye but its now at a stage where the other classes arent useless. it puts the officers back in their place, now go and fetch me that back flag servent smile.gif

the footsteps im not sure how that happened either, i think its the material steps instead of the rebel steps from hl2dm. I tripled the volume on the steps on my computer, they are still too damn quiet ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Goatblower
post Jan 13 2006, 12:32 PM
Post #83

Old

Member No.: 4,053

QUOTE(PG Tips @ Jan 13 2006, 11:48 AM)

Friendly fire being off on several servers annoys me. DonD had it on before the update which was excellent, people tended to work together more rather than sitting back and taking potshots into mauls of players.

[snapback]16169[/snapback]

Yes I totally agree, this is one of my biggest complaints. With all the work being done to improve realism how unrealistic is it to be able to shoot through your team-mates in a melee without hurting them... unsure.gif

Make it mandatory, you'll certainly see a vast drop in some frag-hunter's scores and I assume any BG clan match has ff on, so its something people should be made to get used to.

+Quote Post
Draco
post Jan 13 2006, 03:05 PM
Post #84

QUOTE(Goatblower @ Jan 13 2006, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE(PG Tips @ Jan 13 2006, 11:48 AM)

[snapback]16169[/snapback]

Yes I totally agree, this is one of my biggest complaints. With all the work being done to improve realism how unrealistic is it to be able to shoot through your team-mates in a melee without hurting them... unsure.gif

Make it mandatory, you'll certainly see a vast drop in some frag-hunter's scores and I assume any BG clan match has ff on, so its something people should be made to get used to.
[snapback]16171[/snapback]

Yeah, great fucking idea mate, then the isp run servers like internode(the only server I get a good ping on!) will become festering cesspools or greifers tking just to fuck with our heads. Not every damn server has the plugins or admins to cope with something like friendly fire.

+Quote Post
Goatblower
post Jan 13 2006, 03:46 PM
Post #85

Old

QUOTE(Draco @ Jan 13 2006, 03:05 PM)
Yeah, great fucking idea mate, then the isp run servers like internode(the only server I get a good ping on!) will become festering cesspools or greifers tking just to fuck with our heads. Not every damn server has the plugins or admins to cope with something like friendly fire.
[snapback]16176[/snapback]

A fair point (apart from swearing at me whistling.gif )

I suppose its a fact of life that things have to be compromised due to the idiots in this world... unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Draco
post Jan 14 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #86

QUOTE(Goatblower @ Jan 14 2006, 01:46 AM)
A fair point (apart from swearing at me  whistling.gif )

I suppose its a fact of life that things have to be compromised due to the idiots in this world... unsure.gif
[snapback]16180[/snapback]

Sorry, was attacking the idea, not you smile.gif I hardly do that tongue.gif

+Quote Post
metallicide
post Jan 14 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #87

Private

Member No.: 4,285

Damage is way to high now, you can barely melee anymore, because one shot kills you. I used to take out 5-30 guys in a row just melee, now i haev to hold back because i get shot so damn much. I can still get atleast 10k dmg per game, but back in .14 i was getting atleast 15-20k per game. I kinda miss .14, just felt all around better.
-imOATMEALstoned

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Jan 14 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #88

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,115

well, someone could make special, plain, simple and dumb tdm maps like trapped (everyone has only 1 shot) or other stuff

there were already loads of crazy things on 1.2.1 so just wait

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
Goatblower
post Jan 15 2006, 07:42 PM
Post #89

Old

QUOTE(metallicide @ Jan 14 2006, 06:31 PM)
Damage is way to high now, you can barely melee anymore, because one shot kills you. I used to take out 5-30 guys in a row just melee, now i haev to hold back because i get shot so damn much. I can still get atleast 10k dmg per game, but back in .14 i was getting atleast 15-20k per game. I kinda miss .14, just felt all around better.
-imOATMEALstoned
[snapback]16249[/snapback]

Damage seems a lot higher but I believe it is now nearer 1.2.1 levels, though whether these are too high anyway is another debate.... :wink:

It has achieved one of its aims and reduced the impact of melee though unfortunately now people realise thay can sit back and rack up kills at no danger to themselves we are seeing the "camper strike" syndrome.(A prime example is the township map where every shrub and window seems to hide a sniper now)

Never mind, it just gives me more satisfaction when I stick my bayonet in their head ..... grin.gif

+Quote Post
Draco
post Jan 16 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #90

you guys just aren't trying hard enough, strafe like the fucking clappers and wait untill they shoot, then you stab the bastard in the head biggrin.gif most nubs cant shoot, and most nubs dont defend well in melee, so shooting isn't much of a problem, you just have to dodge.

+Quote Post
Emeraldtryst
post Jan 20 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #91

Private

Member No.: 4,317

Hey there, new to this board but not all that new to the game.

I don't know what's causing it but the lag on this build is horrendous. In 0.14 I could dash into a horde of people and not see a single frame skip. Now it seems that if there's more than one person on any given map, the speed goes down to a crawl.

I don't particularly like the damage increase on the weapons. Too many lucky shots and the idea that the musket ball can't be moving any faster than 60 miles per hour....Head shots are fine though.

I love the graphical updates (especially the minuteman model) and cosmetically I think that everything is a great step up from before.

So overall I'd say this is a success even while I say that I'd be happier with it running smoother (such as not crashing every time a new map tries to load), and if the weapon damage was brought back down towards the previous levels. I just feel (as a fairly good meleeist) that a drop in the pain inflicted by those musket balls is a step in the right direction.

Fantastic job so far. Keep up the good work!

+Quote Post
Ginger_Lord
post Jan 20 2006, 12:34 PM
Post #92

Chav Hunter

Member No.: 3,667

QUOTE(Draco @ Jan 16 2006, 02:12 AM)
strafe like the fucking clappers
[snapback]16332[/snapback]

Quote of the week!

+Quote Post
Draco
post Jan 20 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #93

QUOTE(Ginger_Lord @ Jan 20 2006, 10:34 PM)
QUOTE(Draco @ Jan 16 2006, 02:12 AM)
strafe like the fucking clappers
[snapback]16332[/snapback]

Quote of the week!
[snapback]16511[/snapback]

<<<<<<< indeed wink.gif

+Quote Post
metallicide
post Jan 27 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #94

Private

Member No.: 4,285

Ya, i miss the uber melee in last patch, but ive gotten used to this patch from playin 3 days i racked up like a 1300 kill to 300 death ratio. Took first place on the most pop pub server in two days lol. But I find myself sitting back alot more shooting now that when I run in to melee i get killed in one shot nearly every time.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2017 - 04:50 PM