> Ctf_mill_creek
Tomigun
post Sep 24 2011, 06:30 PM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,922

CTF_mill_creek
I decided to create a new map for BG2. After a "few" hours of work, I decided to publish the map here on the forum. The map is the type of CTF is not extremely big but all the more fun (I tested it with my friends LAN). You can judge for yourself.

Pictures:

Download:

DOWNLOAD
DOWNLOAD

I'm sorry for my poor English

map by:Tomigun-colt-cz
steamgroup: BG2CZ

This post has been edited by Tomigun: Sep 26 2011, 09:59 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klifsnider
post Sep 24 2011, 08:01 PM
Post #2

Major
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 7,408

Looks decent, I'm downloading.

--------------------
Collected awards in BGU matches:
>Most Annoying Playstyle
>Lamest Killstealer
>Best Spectator

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Sep 25 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #3

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 14,831

Same, I'll give it a test drive with the boys later.

--------------------
bjn: no time for sean nanny goons

+Quote Post
Forlorn_Hope
post Sep 25 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #4

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,023

Loaded it up on '76, was good fun. Water seems to FPS rape anyone with a lower end computer though. Also, the side paths up the hills run you damn near inside the enemy spawn, almost impossible to use them except to run to your own spawn

--------------------
"There will be no more naked sunbathing." An actual rule for the base I was on, in the middle of Afghanistan.

"Forlorn basically said everything right." Codename:V

+Quote Post
Tomigun
post Sep 27 2011, 08:53 AM
Post #5

Private

QUOTE (Forlorn_Hope @ Sep 25 2011, 11:55 PM) *
Loaded it up on '76, was good fun. Water seems to FPS rape anyone with a lower end computer though. Also, the side paths up the hills run you damn near inside the enemy spawn, almost impossible to use them except to run to your own spawn

Yes I admit, the map is more of a shooting, there is enough cover and carry the flag is not a simple .-- Otherwise the water would not be a problem my PC itself is fairly low and everything seemed to me no problem, there is deterioration because of the fps located above the water mist here.

Thank you for trying to map in your server 76
This map should be fun, but also want to start a large project and do battle with historical subtext.

I am sorry for my poor English

+Quote Post
Forlorn_Hope
post Sep 27 2011, 10:45 AM
Post #6

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

I would consider adding more cover to the British side. On public matches, players tend to bog down behind cover, and what ends up happening is that in a CTF mode, it forces the players without cover to move forward. This, oddly enough, means that because the British lack good cover, they will almost always win.

As for a more historic minded map, did you have any particular battles or regions you had in mind?

--------------------
"There will be no more naked sunbathing." An actual rule for the base I was on, in the middle of Afghanistan.

+Quote Post
Tomigun
post Sep 27 2011, 01:25 PM
Post #7

Private

[size="3"][/size]
QUOTE (Forlorn_Hope @ Sep 27 2011, 12:45 PM) *
I would consider adding more cover to the British side. On public matches, players tend to bog down behind cover, and what ends up happening is that in a CTF mode, it forces the players without cover to move forward. This, oddly enough, means that because the British lack good cover, they will almost always win.

As for a more historic minded map, did you have any particular battles or regions you had in mind?

I had in mind the actual location and a real battle. (Incidentally mill_creek is a real river that empties into Hudsonriver). I Battle of Saratoga I know that it is a vast territory but I chose one part of it then great bitvi.A U.S. attack jednotej the Breymann redoubt

quote: source Saratoga National Park:

"British forces hastily Fell back to one of Their defensive positions, the Balcarres Redoubt. It was strong, well defended, and detergents Able's the Americans.

Several hundred yards north, the Breymann Redoubt was not as well suited to the defense. It was defended by myös Less than 200 German soldiers and officers - no match for the 1300 American soldiers Nearly attacking it.

As some of the American Troops began a circle around the left side of the Breymann Redoubt, American General Benedict Arnold arrived on the scene. Caught up in the flow of American soldiers, he rallied the men, and was Seriously Wounded in the left leg.

By Nightfall, the Americans held the Breymann Redoubt. As it was at the far right of the British lines, They Could then get behind the British from behind anywhere else. They did not press the advantage, But still the British Fell back to Their Own River Fortifications, the Great Redoubt. "

Entire article here: Saratoga National Park

This battle practically decided the development of the entire battle Freemans farm

map:Saratoga

Redoubt is located in the top left of the diagram is probably not much (it's from Google) but the Americans are even more bottled in left and moved around the brick walls as the only way they bránilov was this redoubt.

for any such inaccuracies or errors to apologize in advance
and thanks for the support and the lack of explanation

This post has been edited by Tomigun: Sep 27 2011, 01:25 PM

+Quote Post
Forlorn_Hope
post Sep 27 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #8

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

We already have one part of the battle in our map repository (Freeman's Farm). Are you dead-set on Saratoga, or are you interested in looking elsewhere? I know I would personally love to see Guilford Courthouse done.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Sep 27 2011, 06:14 PM
Post #9

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,115

QUOTE (Forlorn_Hope @ Sep 27 2011, 06:39 PM) *
We already have one part of the battle in our map repository (Freeman's Farm). Are you dead-set on Saratoga, or are you interested in looking elsewhere? I know I would personally love to see Guilford Courthouse done.

The freemans farm map we have is not really developed around the actual historical site and the real thing. I wouldn't mind a better map about it, freemans_farm could be renamed to basically anything.

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
Tomigun
post Sep 28 2011, 12:56 PM
Post #10

Private

QUOTE (Forlorn_Hope @ Sep 27 2011, 06:39 PM) *

Thought the Battle of Guilford Courthouse 15 March 1781st It looks pretty good, about to give your advice (optional).

I know that Freemans_farm is played and a map but I have rád.Saratoga vast territory and its potential is far from exhausted. The Battle of Freemans Farm is just one part of the conflict. Breymann Redoubt, while not as famous battle, but it is also important. It would, however, one flaw in the ointment, the blockhouse was defended by German reinforcements for which the model is not in BG2.

Therefore, rather going into the draft Guilford Courthouse. Light cavalry ride and miss. I proceeded as shown. Map made ​​in the type bg_ (control point). Then I came across a description bytvy "While many British soldiers Were killed from friendly fire," I would therefore also include cannons on both sides.
I also can not imagine the power size of the building. Had he wanted to be big enough ratios.

Map

Otherwise I'll be glad for more information, advice and suggestions.

+Quote Post
Forlorn_Hope
post Sep 28 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #11

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

Really, whatever you want to do is perfectly fine. More Saratoga is perfectly acceptable if you so wish, or if you want to explore another area, we will be glad to help you there as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Koach
post Nov 27 2011, 04:04 AM
Post #12

Bugger you.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 14,790

liked it, yet the skybox could be better... 8.5/10 imo

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 10:40 PM