Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Few Bugs
Number Nine
post Mar 21 2007, 06:36 AM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,828

Now I'm not sure that this is the right section but since its a beta, we're all beta testers, right? Anywho, There are 2 bugs that I found that I'm not sure that you guys know about

#1 : Sometimes, for no reason, I spawn with an empty musket. This has only happened with Infantry classes but on both teams and sevral maps. I'm 99.9% sure that I didnt accidentally fire my musket when I spawned, and after a few times of this happening I started watching the ammo meter at spawn and sure enough, hand off keyboard and mouse, I had an unloaded musket with 24 rounds left.

#2 : This one is just a minor thing but I'll post it anyways. Basically, if you die in water, everything in spec that you hear sounds like all the people are underwater (muffled voices and sounds, etc)

Hope you guys can look into these.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JakeParlay
post Mar 21 2007, 12:13 PM
Post #2

Captain
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 5,061

QUOTE(Number Nine @ Mar 21 2007, 02:36 AM) [snapback]28798[/snapback]

Now I'm not sure that this is the right section but since its a beta, we're all beta testers, right? Anywho, There are 2 bugs that I found that I'm not sure that you guys know about

#1 : Sometimes, for no reason, I spawn with an empty musket. This has only happened with Infantry classes but on both teams and sevral maps. I'm 99.9% sure that I didnt accidentally fire my musket when I spawned, and after a few times of this happening I started watching the ammo meter at spawn and sure enough, hand off keyboard and mouse, I had an unloaded musket with 24 rounds left.

#2 : This one is just a minor thing but I'll post it anyways. Basically, if you die in water, everything in spec that you hear sounds like all the people are underwater (muffled voices and sounds, etc)

Hope you guys can look into these.

#1, unsure how to help, sorry.

#2, that happens to me for underwater, and also for campfire noises too sometimes. To fix, I fly under the ground in spectator after I've died (a good 20 - 30 feet under the terrain) , and then shoot back up to open air on the surface. This fixes the sounds looping about 9/10 times for me, sometimes I have to do it twice to work. quick and easy

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Mar 21 2007, 02:48 PM
Post #3

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

#1 and #2 happen exactly for the same reason, dying in water. The code removes your current bullet from the gun when you go underwater, you kind of spawn with this mechanism affecting you and thus have one bullet less. Water should not be part of the playable area in any bg2 map because it simply makes no sense. Water could in theory make the powder wet and render it useless the moment it comes in contact with it, so realism demands that once water reaches your belly all powder was ruined (sort of the height where you have your catridges/powder horn), but since we cannot demand so much understanding for realism from bg2 players it is best to avoid water and leave the source mechanisms the way they are.

This post has been edited by gRanTeLbArT: Mar 21 2007, 02:49 PM

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
jackx
post Mar 21 2007, 04:02 PM
Post #4

midnight devcult phenomena
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,223

I'd rather change that to "water that you can submerge yourself in fully"... a small stream like in bg_mvalley doesn't hurt, and just moving through it won't ruin your powder - and don't forget that the cartridge box isn't glued to the hip - you can take it in your hand and hold it up while wading through deep(er) water, and while we'll certainly never implement that animationswise, it means you don't have to completely leave water out of your maps.

--------------------
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be... no peace
no peace!

-------

+Quote Post
Number Nine
post Mar 21 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #5

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,828

QUOTE(gRanTeLbArT @ Mar 21 2007, 07:48 AM) [snapback]28801[/snapback]

#1 and #2 happen exactly for the same reason, dying in water. The code removes your current bullet from the gun when you go underwater, you kind of spawn with this mechanism affecting you and thus have one bullet less. Water should not be part of the playable area in any bg2 map because it simply makes no sense. Water could in theory make the powder wet and render it useless the moment it comes in contact with it, so realism demands that once water reaches your belly all powder was ruined (sort of the height where you have your catridges/powder horn), but since we cannot demand so much understanding for realism from bg2 players it is best to avoid water and leave the source mechanisms the way they are.

Ahhh that explains it. I was playing mvalley and to reload, jumped and crouched in water. Died a few times like that and I guess thats how it happened. Thanks for the help.

+Quote Post
Tjoppen
post Mar 31 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #6

Major
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 1,207

Hm. Seems it "remembers" the waterlevel when you respawn, thus emptying the weapon.

Water only affects load when you're submerged IIRC. Or perhaps waist-deep. There's four levels to it(dry land, shallow, wait, submerged). Or so.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th October 2019 - 11:17 PM