Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bro Clan The Bg2 Ddos Clan, I'v had enough
zackarmy911
post Jun 19 2012, 10:37 PM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,064

"I have had with these mother fucking DDOS People on this mothing fucking game,everyone strap in were about to open some fucking windows"-Modified Quote from Snakes on a Plane ok the reason for this Topic is the DDOS clan that has been Screwing Up servers for a while their starting to get more active though they crashed 3 servers today and iv had a enough this is a DIRECT ACTION TO administrators on BG2 i need you guys to fucking ban or mess these guys fucking up iv had enough their assholes and wont stop so i hope someone how you will take action and bring bg2 back to fame and glory with more updates too.-Zackarmy911 angry.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pollux
post Jun 20 2012, 01:09 AM
Post #2

Lieutennant

Member No.: 13,350

"I'v had enough" -Zackarmy911

I'm also tired of Bro Clan. They're a bunch of idiot trolls. This kid Soccermom, a member of Bro Clan, came in earlier and kept trying way too hard to be funny and shit. He said some really offensive things.............................................

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54293077...E66FCBADF128D2/

I managed to get his steam ID before he left - make sure you ban this idiot before he Ddos's your servers!

STEAM_0:1:28199976

This post has been edited by Pollux: Jun 20 2012, 01:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Jun 20 2012, 01:56 AM
Post #3

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 14,831

I want to make several things clear.

The "ddos" attacks are not perpetuated by Bro clan. Somehow they've become the bogeymen of bg2, they are simply a collection of guys that have played the game for a very long time and are very good at it. They are a legitimate NA skirmish team that have participated in leagues and tournaments with a solid record. They make a past time out of trolling new clans, especially line battle clans. However they keep it to harmless remarks like the screenshot above, or at most mic spamming and name changing.

The so called "ddos" attacks are actually nothing of the sort, I rather doubt the people behind them are intelligent enough to ddos a server, what is happening is they are lagging the IP of a server by flooding it with packets of information. Server admins may find this plugin to be helpful SourceOP Additionally I have the names, Ips and steam IDs of the people that attack servers the most, send me a PM me if you want any of the information.

This post has been edited by Guy Hawkes: Jun 20 2012, 10:25 PM

--------------------
bjn: no time for sean nanny goons

+Quote Post
gecko
post Jun 20 2012, 10:38 AM
Post #4

King Gecko of 1.0F Dev
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,511

QUOTE (Guy Hawkes @ Jun 20 2012, 02:56 AM) *
The so called "ddos" attacks are actually nothing of the sort, I rather doubt the people behind them are intelligent enough to ddos a server, what is happening is they are lagging the IP of a server by flooding it with packets of information.

Huh? That's exactly what a DOS attack is..

DDoS'ing a target is a trivial task these days, there are plenty of scripts available for even the most non-technical person to use.

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Jun 20 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #5

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

QUOTE (gecko @ Jun 20 2012, 10:38 AM) *
QUOTE (Guy Hawkes @ Jun 20 2012, 02:56 AM) *
The so called "ddos" attacks are actually nothing of the sort, I rather doubt the people behind them are intelligent enough to ddos a server, what is happening is they are lagging the IP of a server by flooding it with packets of information.

Huh? That's exactly what a DOS attack is..

DDoS'ing a target is a trivial task these days, there are plenty of scripts available for even the most non-technical person to use.

My point was it wasn't a distributed denial of service attack, simply a dos. Google the difference if you don't know it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gecko
post Jun 20 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #6

King Gecko of 1.0F Dev
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,511

QUOTE (Guy Hawkes @ Jun 20 2012, 08:28 PM) *
My point was it wasn't a distributed denial of service attack, simply a dos. Google the difference if you don't know it.

I am well aware of the difference, you just stated it wasn't a DDoS then proceeded to explain what a denial of service was. The only difference is it wasn't distributed. It being distributed or not makes no difference to the type of attack, it is still a denial of service based attack. People often interchangeably use DDoS and DoS in the same context, because they are not aware of the difference, so they are very much of 'the sort'. Simple fact is, people were trying to flood the server to take if offline, if this accusation is true.

Also, posting of personal information on this board is forbidden. If this is a clan issue, this isn't the place for it anyway.

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Jun 20 2012, 10:24 PM
Post #7

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

I am well aware of the fact about information. Although IP address and steam IDs are hardly "personal information" as any server admin can find those things out. However it's gotten to the point where they attack everyone in the community, interrupting everything from league matches to public servers. In many cases making the mod unplayable. If someone wants to attack an entire mod I feel the developers as well as server admins are obligated to try and stop them. As dos attacks are illegal I felt, as I stated above that they had forfeited their right to privacy. However your admin outranks mine so I'll respect your decision. However I will continue to hand out their information if anyone requests it.

And the accusations are true. People that play bg2 are well aware of them and how they operate.

This post has been edited by Guy Hawkes: Jun 20 2012, 10:30 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
James Asner
post Jun 21 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #8

Captain

Member No.: 14,047

So it's not a bot-net but rather a single syn flood? Nice distinction.

Just grow the fuck up.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Jun 21 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #9

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Member No.: 124

Anyway... there are some denial of service attacks going on. I have seen no proof they are from Bro Clan, but I have seen proof there are people in the BG2 community doing it. There are several trolls who've been banned by most of the servers who have basically turned to using denial of service to disrupt the servers. There are several scripts and programs out there to basically do it yourself without knowing much about computers. These trolls in BG2 appear to have gotten a couple of the more common options for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Jun 21 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #10

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

I have a screen cap from Roob of the names and IPs of the people responsible. It's from the Source OP plugin and shows them trying to flood the server.

--------------------

+Quote Post
AngryIRSAgent
post Jun 22 2012, 10:08 PM
Post #11

|AP| [bg2-dev]
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 5,717

QUOTE (Guy Hawkes @ Jun 21 2012, 04:43 PM) *
I have a screen cap from Roob of the names and IPs of the people responsible. It's from the Source OP plugin and shows them trying to flood the server.

id like to see the screen cap message me on steam

--------------------
|AP| Clan Leader

+Quote Post
Pollux
post Jun 25 2012, 12:11 AM
Post #12

Lieutennant

Member No.: 13,350

QUOTE (James Asner @ Jun 21 2012, 10:55 AM) *
fuck

Don't Cuss......................................................................................
...........................................................................................

--------------------

+Quote Post
Good Player
post Jul 25 2012, 07:24 PM
Post #13

Private

Member No.: 15,095

Has anyone contacted the ISPs of the offending source IPs?

As long as the service isn't rogue itself, they should warn the account holder upon first notice and suspend internet access after repeated events. Provide them with specific times and your server IP, the type of malformed packet and what port they're targeting so they can verify

This post has been edited by Good Player: Jul 25 2012, 07:27 PM

+Quote Post
ewoK
post Aug 8 2012, 04:18 AM
Post #14

holleR at an ewoK

Member No.: 13,372

Even if people like Big Bird think bro clan hack and use lag as an advantage (yes, that is really his logic), they don't. Especially Duncan, that guy is so fucking handsome.

QUOTE (James Asner @ Jun 21 2012, 07:55 AM) *
So it's not a bot-net but rather a single syn flood? Nice distinction.

Just grow the fuck up.

hahahaha asner'd

--------------------
holler at an ewok on your way to work

+Quote Post
Really Good Pie
post Sep 18 2012, 06:10 AM
Post #15

Lieutennant

Member No.: 12,776

O my. This is worse then Smokes kids sleeping on bricks. Who in their right mind would do such a thing?? And now with the Bro clan hacking while lagging and getting massive kills (How the hell?) this must come to an end.

If you think about it, the only real way to resolve this issue is to have Dynasty back. I mean did they not slay the mighty MP? Did they not bring justice to the league? This is really the only way to resolve this issue. I say Dynasty comes back and runs these hoodlums right back out of town to the deepest darkest depths that they came from (Trip D's.).

Band together against them!

--------------------

Make your sig less yummier.

QUOTE (Copywright @ Feb 7 2010, 07:59 PM) *
Dude, I first logged in after 9 moths with the name copywright on the. server, I ownt everyone with sword then I asked if I could join. TiE said ok, I threw in an app, then later that same day, some AP member was like dude.. copywright is banned from bgl.. Then tiedup was like are you banned? I said yes.. but I dont know why, then TIE said you seem like a nice guy so im going to keep you in. I said I am gonna go on my other account and change my name, so I went on butt pirate and Pmed him, and I threw in yet another application right after copywright ( of course he deleted it now ) and dani figured out I wa copywright like a week later

- Copywright

QUOTE (the.TIEdup14)
has: I said I was going to do it
has: I told Danihale Too.
the.TIEdup14: DANIHEL IS AN IDIOT

+Quote Post
BIKA
post Sep 18 2012, 02:27 PM
Post #16

Lieutennant

Member No.: 14,854

Then the last surviving hoodlums come out from the crevice's of the deepest darkest depths and slay all of Dynasty, and then they all rage-quit from life for ever.

--------------------
__
(^_^=)[XXXX]~
BIKA
\_+_//_+_\

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th October 2019 - 12:07 AM