> Bftc2 After Action Reports
Forlorn_Hope
post Dec 18 2011, 08:47 PM
Post #1

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 2,023

OK everyone, our first BFTC2 game happened today at 2PM Easter time, and it went well once I figured out the different admin commands I needed. I'm very happy with how things turned out. The British marched 700 people to seize the armaments and Rebel leaders in Concord, Massachusetts, but the Massachusetts militia responded in force, numbering 1400 people by the end of the day. The British detachment ultimately was compelled to retreat with the mission unaccomplished.

Of a possible 2519, Massachusetts fielded 1400 to the fight, and sacrificed 342 of her sons, leaving 1058 behind, with another 1119 in Reserve.
Of a possible 3500, England sent 700 on the mission to destroy supplies at Concord, losing 300 of her sons, leaving 3200 in Boston.

Preventing the ultimate capture of the supplies in Concord, the American Militia are labelling this a victory, though many a grieving widow is left behind on this spring day.

The militias will reposition themselves on Bunker Hill to observe the garrison in Boston, as the days go by, news of the victory at Concord spreads through the colonies, and militia in marching distance begins to flock to the banner of the Massachusetts Army.

The updated map can be viewed HERE.

Paintings of the battle can be viewed HERE.

To handle the administrative section of the tournament:

I still need officers for each side of the campaign. Volunteers, please let me know. Santi has already volunteered to serve as an officer on the British side.
If someone knows how to do actual website stuff and wants to help out, I'd be much obliged. I don't know a damn thing about HTML or any of that trash.
Next week is Christmas Day, so there will not be an event scheduled.
All comments and conversation, please go HERE.

This thread is locked and stickied for the sake of neatness and ease of access.

--------------------
"There will be no more naked sunbathing." An actual rule for the base I was on, in the middle of Afghanistan.

"Forlorn basically said everything right." Codename:V
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forlorn_Hope
post Jan 1 2012, 11:58 PM
Post #2

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 2,023

BFTC2 today went more smoothly on the technical side, but with less turnout. On average we had about 16 people playing in the match, which took place on Bunker Hill. Hopefully next week's match will be more populous, as it won't be on New Year's Day.

The Massachusetts Militia had entrenched around Boston with 1058 soldiers, with 488 reenforcements coming out of Connecticut, 188 from New Hampshire, and 139 from Rhode Island, giving the militia 1873 total on the field. The British deployed 3000 soldiers to sweep away the Americans from their heights. 248 American militiamen were killed, and 310 British soldiers were cut down. It is said that the casualties would have been even more imbalanced had the Americans had better cast artillery pieces, as they would burst from time to time cutting down many of the nearby soldiers.

The British have been reenforced from London with an additional 3000 troops and the fleet from Halifax. Militia are beginning to stream to the cause of Massachusetts.

The British seem to be clamping down on Boston, with an attempt to end the New England rebellion by occupying the capital, and the militias on hand tend to be watching their actions.

The updated map can be viewed HERE.

To handle the administrative section of the tournament:

I still need officers for each side of the campaign. Volunteers, please let me know. Santi has already volunteered to serve as an officer on the British side.
If someone knows how to do actual website stuff and wants to help out, I'd be much obliged. I don't know a damn thing about HTML or any of that trash.
All comments and conversation, please go HERE.

This thread is locked and stickied for the sake of neatness and ease of access.

--------------------
"There will be no more naked sunbathing." An actual rule for the base I was on, in the middle of Afghanistan.

"Forlorn basically said everything right." Codename:V
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th July 2019 - 07:04 PM