Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bg1 Server
Hensey
post Mar 18 2008, 06:55 AM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,869

Some of my clan buddies wanted to get together and play BG, going back to the roots of our DoD realism clan. Anyway, I'm trying to get a bg1 dedicated server up and running on the internet so that we have an easily manipulated environment to play on. This brings me to the point of the post:

I can only start the server in LAN mode. I've heard that 'sv_lan 0' takes lan creation out, but I don't know where to put this command (since i'm running on non-graphical linux and i can only use console commands once the server is started, and then its already a LAN game). my start line is './hlds_start -game bg +map bg_battlefield +maxplayers 32. This successfully starts a LAN server that I can connect to. I saw that people used -ip <ip address> and -port <port> but i tried this and it didn't work. I may have not used the right ip, but I'm rather noobish at this whole server admin thing. If anyone could help me get this visible online, I'd be greatly appreciative! RE-Note: this is on Gentoo LINUX.

My other question is are there any admin modules I should install if we want to linebattle (is that scrimming in bg? dod-addict here) and be able to set up the situation realistically.

Any and all help would be appreciated!!! Thanks so much!

Hensey
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Plexi
post Mar 18 2008, 11:17 AM
Post #2

angry aow player

Member No.: 4,252

I haven't heard of any linebattle plugins for bg1.. I honestly recommend you to play bg2, if you wanted to have linebattles. There aren't enough players for linebattles in bg1 for sure. And I think the ones, who still play bg1, aren't so fond of "realistic" gamin experience.

--------------------
-[TRR]- Pte. Plexi: http://plexi.wippiespace.com/kuvia/Pikkis.jpg
-[TRR]- Cpt. MPC [Campers] ~NTW: epic :P
-[TRR]- Cpt. MPC [Campers] ~NTW: Im using it for my
-[TRR]- Cpt. MPC [Campers] ~NTW: desktop
-[TRR]- Cpt. MPC [Campers] ~NTW: background

+Quote Post
Hensey
post Mar 18 2008, 03:39 PM
Post #3

Private

Member No.: 6,869

Thanks for your reply. We definitely want to play BG1 as it is the one we used to play, and we have plenty of people (around 20) from the clan coming to play, so we just need a server, which I'm still toiling with.

Whenever I start it, it only starts locally! sad.gif What am I doing wrong?

+Quote Post
Pope Hannibal
post Mar 21 2008, 05:46 PM
Post #4

</3

Member No.: 3,653

I remember there was a server on BG1 that had a plugin to manage LBs, sadly I don't remember who owned that server, and I don't believe they're on either bg1 or bg2 anymore.

Also, put sv_lan 0 in server.cfg in the bg folder. Also, make sure sv_region is set in the same file, the values you can pass to sv_region are as follows:

/ 0: US East coast
// 1: US West coast
// 2: South America
// 3: Europe
// 4: Asia
// 5: Australia
// 6: Middle East
// 7: Africa

Also if you're running this locally you'll probably need to open some ports on your firewall, I don't remember the full list but whatever port you're running the hlds on would be a good start.

Good Luck.

This post has been edited by Pope Hannibal: Mar 21 2008, 05:48 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th January 2020 - 05:38 PM