> What Not To Suggest, read this before suggesting anything
Sgt Pepper
post Jun 13 2006, 08:15 AM
Post #1

Sgt Pepper - Just the wrong side of 'taste' since 1805
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 11

READ ALL OF IT BEFORE POSTING A SUGGESTION. ALL OF IT.

These are some of the suggestions we have heard a million times before, and don't want to hear again:

Horses, grenades, flag bearers, drummers, medics, prone, mobile cannons, more weapons (especially bows and arrows for indians, Gatling guns, and Baker rifles), scopes, more classes (we have thought of them all already), longer reloads, shorter reloads, abort reload, naval battles with controllable ships, parrying and fencing, iron sights.

These suggestions have been heard, and considered. Some might make it in in the future, but most have been discarded.

Is your idea not on this list? Then it's time for the next step: USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION. http://forums.bgmod.com/index.php?act=Search
If it turns up here, we are not likely to want to hear about it again, so don't necropost (for a definition of necropost, see the other pinned topics, after you are finished reading this topic).

Has your idea still not been suggested? You are then truly unique, or just an idiot with an idiot suggestion (more likely), so the final step is to sleep on it. Preferably a full night. Do you still think it's a good idea, or do you only like to hear your own e-voice?. If it's the former, please go ahead and post. I will actually be intrigued to hear what it is. Still, expect a lukewarm, reluctant response where everyone tries to find flaws, or just tells you that things are pretty good as they are.

I've tried to make this idiot proof, but I will probably be found to have failed at that, perhaps tomorrow, or this afternoon.

Anyone failing to go through these guidelines (they are pretty close to rules) is likely to be killed by an angry mob of forum veterans, and trust me, they are pretty well armed.

EDIT: 0206 Added scopes.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forlorn_Hope
post Jun 13 2006, 08:58 AM
Post #2

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 2,023

Now, while this has been done with the best of intentions, don't you think this is a little useless since it says the same thing when people try to enter the forums? If they're not going to read that, what drugs are you on to make you think they'll make the effort to click twice to get to this thread, and then actually use the energy for moving eyes while they read it?

--------------------
"There will be no more naked sunbathing." An actual rule for the base I was on, in the middle of Afghanistan.

"Forlorn basically said everything right." Codename:V

+Quote Post
Sgt Pepper
post Jun 13 2006, 10:58 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Nobody is going to be able to say that they missed it. I have about three or four places to point to now. I wouldn't have second thoughts on banning a person going against this now, because they have to be fucking idiots to miss it, and I don't want more of those here. This topic is so obvious, there are no excuses.

I also made this topic to avoid too much personal attacks on certain people.

+Quote Post
Sgt Pepper
post Jul 3 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

I'm just going to add this link, to emphasize what situation we have with suggestions on this forum:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/howlers.htm

Excellent site, read the reast of it.

+Quote Post
Horatio
post Jul 8 2006, 10:08 PM
Post #5

Corporal

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,343

QUOTE(Sgt Pepper @ Jul 3 2006, 08:46 AM) [snapback]22310[/snapback]
You are then truly unique, or just an idiot with an idiot suggestion (more likely)

Somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

+Quote Post
Sgt Pepper
post Jul 8 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

It has nothing to do with the time of day, it's the God awful truth.

+Quote Post
jackx
post Apr 28 2008, 10:43 AM
Post #7

midnight devcult phenomena
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,223

In light of recent events, it'd appear that having the information about what is planned for the next version of bg2, in general terms, collected in one place might be helpful. I chose this topic, because you have no excuse of not having read it before you suggest anything.

First off, the big news, i.e. what the current team thinks bg2 is all about:

Bg2 is a game focussed on recreating the small-scale skirmish warfare that made up much of the AWI, in a manner that combines historical accuracy, an immersive atmosphere, and competitive multiplayer gameplay.

Now, a short list of planned features:
  • a 4th "skirmisher" class (natives, militia, irregulars)
  • redesign of the existing classes to better reflect the "light" infantry engaged in the daily skirmish warfare
  • an "iron sight" system of taking aim
  • re-balancing of existing weapons, new weapon(s), possibly more diverse melee attacks
  • a new gameplay mode, focussing on area capture and playability on large servers
  • updated and new sounds, maps and animations
  • updated and improved HUD and GUI (possibly including a comeback of the hint box in some manner)
  • improvements with regard to competitive match play (on the admin side)

This list is not complete, is subject to change, might or might not be updated accordingly, and above all, it contains plans, not promises. While we'd like to provide all of the above, and more, we cannot guarantee that, nor are we under any obligation to do so.

While we are open to all kinds of (civil) suggestions and feedback, it is worth noting that we have no desire (nor the ressources) to greatly change the course of development at this point.

Thank you for taking the time to read through this.

--------------------
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be... no peace
no peace!

-------

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 06:49 AM