Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A Suggestion For 2.2
theElfe
post Jul 13 2012, 01:45 PM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,432

I've been thinking about something for a long time on BG2 that could make the American and British team much more fun to play on for example Line Battle.
My suggestion is that everyone knows the commands Make ready, present, fire. Well, thing is would it not be cool if the both teams could carry their weapons on the shoulders? until you press a button so they put it down? It would look good for marching and would look really good in a Line. Of course I'm not sure how it would look in Skirmish. And then i thought about you could make this available just for Line Battle mode? or both. This has just been something walking inside my mind for a while making me wanna suggest it. Totally understandable if you don't wanna have this in the game, i just wanted you guys to hear of it.

Sincerely General John

This post has been edited by theElfe: Jul 13 2012, 01:47 PM

--------------------

TDR Veteran General John
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ellison Shaw
post Jul 13 2012, 05:00 PM
Post #2

Corporal

Member No.: 14,998

Sounds like a good idea, but that would probably take forever to script and code that kind of stuff into a source engine mod.

+Quote Post
Koach
post Jul 13 2012, 05:05 PM
Post #3

Bugger you.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 14,790

Line Battles in BattleGrounds were never official. They were a result of the community and clan play.

Although I like the idea.... you're kinda describing the Napoleonic Wars style LBing....

--------------------

+Quote Post
BIKA
post Jul 14 2012, 09:34 AM
Post #4

Lieutennant

Member No.: 14,854

”line battle game mode?”

mp_respawnstyle 2

There, you have a new game mode, apparently. OK. Development team make a couple more scenarios happen for each variable after 2. We can get this mod into shape in no time.

mp_respawnstyle 4 = zombie mode
mp_respawnstyle 5 = alien invasion
etc.

Possibilities are endless.

--------------------
· đ__đ
(^_^=)[XXXX]~»
BIKA
· \_+_/¨¨/_+_\

+Quote Post
theElfe
post Jul 15 2012, 02:02 PM
Post #5

Private

Member No.: 14,432

If this would happen in some time, probably not for the 2.2 version but a higher future. It would look really good, and could also be good for skirmishes making a button taking the gun up and down. Not just for Line Battling but for for both the playing modes. Battle Grounds 2 would look more realistic and impressive with this type of movements in the game. Then you would also have the Iron Sight, plus the Shoulder Arms. turned.gif

--------------------

TDR Veteran General John

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Jul 15 2012, 03:43 PM
Post #6

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

Animations is an area we're always a little sub par with. It's been that way awhile now. We never seem to have a full time animator active to really clean it up. What I would like is to see a running animation that looks a little more natural. The soldiers sort of run hunchbacked with the gun pointing forward. I believe it is the basic HL2 "shotgun run" animation. You may be able to view it as a stock animation in the SDK. It's OK, but looks sort of cheesy. I sort of wish we had a variation where when you run, the model sort of tilts that gun to the side, sort of the way you actually would when you run with a long barreled gun. To fire on the run we'd do a short tilt animation to bring the gun to the hip and do a hip shot. It's not accurate for hitting stuff, but it would look sort of nice to have guys running in a natural sort of pose, then open the gun up on the hip to fire on the run, then tilt the gun and run normally again. Hopefully we'll get some more progress on this sort of stuff.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th December 2019 - 06:49 AM