Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Screens Of Bg_freedom
XSpike
post Nov 16 2005, 12:29 PM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,066

Well its almost finshed now! really just got some more bugs to fix and optermizing really.
Right now the spawns are close together for the teams, im going to keep it that way till i get to play on pub servers and see what people do (i already guess that they are just going to run for the building or just go around it to fight stright away without caring for the flags). but they do that already whats the differnce at least they'd get into a battle faster. I'd likely to change in a later version or maybe i will change it before the next release (i better hurry up then wink.gif )

Theres a total of 7 buildings you can enter (including the barn, horse stables, houses)
11 if you count the shed places and a cannon storage room. All houses are fully enterable thoughout so there is no room in a building you cant enter.

I hope this will make differnt gameplay with having differnt buildings to enter, and able to flank the other team by taking a differnt path. Anyways the screens!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monkwarrior
post Nov 16 2005, 01:02 PM
Post #2

Captain

Member No.: 3,974

Looking gorgeous Xpike grin.gif
One thing I notice: the streets are too clean and empty, same goes for the rooms in the buildings (as far as can be judged by the screenshots). Great work about making the buildings open: can the doors be opened/closed too ?

Monk.

+Quote Post
Tjoppen
post Nov 16 2005, 04:20 PM
Post #3

Major
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 1,207

Excellent smile.gif

+Quote Post
Predator
post Nov 16 2005, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Mapper

Member No.: 778

Needs particle grass and skybox, but great work so far!

+Quote Post
XSpike
post Nov 16 2005, 08:01 PM
Post #5

Captain

Member No.: 2,066

Monkwarrior, all doors can be opened/closed with the use button, and really i cant think of much to put outside that would make the streets look full (any ideas people?)

Predator, it has a 3Dsky if thats what your talking about, in thoses screens it doesnt really show any of it.

+Quote Post
Flask
post Nov 16 2005, 09:24 PM
Post #6

Royalist

Member No.: 2,089

1. The bridge could use some wooden support beams.
2. The red brick looks too modern. You need some gray New England stonework texture.
3. For clutter variety: perhaps an old well, a feeding trough, wood pile, hitching post, hand-crank water pump, etc.

+Quote Post
MePouZe
post Nov 17 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #7

Private

Member No.: 4,230

WoWWww! This looks very fine smile.gif

+Quote Post
mEdic
post Nov 25 2005, 12:27 PM
Post #8

Leutnant

Member No.: 4,235

8) I am impressed!

+Quote Post
Render
post Nov 26 2005, 02:31 AM
Post #9

Proud former BG-Developer

Member No.: 3

What does a "3d" sky mean?

As in, what's the difference between a 2d and 3d sky?

+Quote Post
Predator
post Nov 26 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #10

Mapper

What does a "3d" sky mean?

As in, what's the difference between a 2d and 3d sky?

A 2d skybox is the old HL one that is just a flat texture of a sky. In HL2 you can map an entire sky box with an objects or displacements. Thus, a 3d sky box with the 2D sky box as background.

Now on to freedom. I finally played this map. Ive been busy with thanksgiving. I feel that the flags should be placed outside not inside of small houses. I think that flags should span an area that a large number of players can fight around. I also notice that you have a few spots on the map that serve no purpose. For example, that area past the bridge with the porch and what not. That area doesnt have a flag and players would have no reason to go over there. The map really needs some particle grass. The ground looks barren. Try throwing some little plants, logs, and rocks around. Remember to set the fad props pretty low on these small models.

+Quote Post
Woohoo
post Nov 27 2005, 11:41 AM
Post #11

Mapper and player

Member No.: 2,713

Nice map overall , I found loads of bugs though , mostly the player viewing the 3D skybox wrong and having it stuck in the normal map.. Secondly there are much brush problems (Black surfaces, in houses black ground). And i agree with the rest to that some places look kind of empty. The gameplay is good i think and the layout is nice so it will be fun map to play.

Grtz;YeeHaa

This post has been edited by Woohoo: Nov 27 2005, 11:41 AM

+Quote Post
Villi
post Nov 28 2005, 04:30 PM
Post #12

Private

Member No.: 4,224

In the forth screen, where's the sun located? Behind you or behind the house in front of you? If it's behind you the roof oh the house is way to shiny and if it's behind the house the light should be cut of by the house and the house would cast a rather massive shadow (I can imagine a cool effect tongue.gif). Right now it looks like the sun is in front of the house...

+Quote Post
Noodle
post Dec 5 2005, 04:18 PM
Post #13

Private

Member No.: 3,897

Looking pretty sweet so far.

+Quote Post
Render
post Dec 17 2005, 11:18 PM
Post #14

Proud former BG-Developer

Member No.: 3

I tried this from the prerelease today.. looks amazing.
but i found 1 visual bug you might want to check.. one of teh brown modeled bridge's entrance points is floating a little in the air.

Other than that, a really nice map!

I love the water color you chose for the ocean... very nice!!

+Quote Post
Draco
post Dec 18 2005, 03:44 AM
Post #15

They've taken my poopsmith!

Member No.: 3,242

QUOTE(Render @ Dec 18 2005, 09:18 AM)
I tried this from the prerelease today.. looks amazing.
but i found 1 visual bug you might want to check.. one of teh brown modeled bridge's entrance points is floating a little in the air.

Other than that, a really nice map!

I love the water color you chose for the ocean... very nice!!
[snapback]14988[/snapback]

Yeah, alot of little things like that, and the wierd black spots in some houses. I played it on a LAN with a bunch of randoms last night, they all had good fun, Tompson's house especially was popular, but Barn and Jackson's house required some effort and Cannon Storage was tucked away, maybe some signs to show the way a la CS bomb sites? Maybe a little plaque up somewhere nearby.

+Quote Post
Predator
post Dec 18 2005, 06:25 AM
Post #16

Mapper

I would like to see some if not all flags brought into open areas. By that I mean outside of the buildings/houses. That is if it is ok with you spike wink.gif

+Quote Post
Monkwarrior
post Dec 18 2005, 09:26 AM
Post #17

Captain

Member No.: 3,974

QUOTE(Predator @ Dec 18 2005, 07:25 AM)
I would like to see some if not all flags brought into open areas.  By that I mean outside of the buildings/houses.  That is if it is ok with you spike wink.gif
[snapback]14996[/snapback]

Well, personaly I like diversity. So if 2 flags would be inside a house that would be very nice. If the room has 2 exits then I see no problem.

A far bigger problem are the spawn-exits. Both spaws have only 1 exit: a perfect spot for picking off just spawned enemies. I don't even want to know what 1 line-formation can do if it's placed opposite the spawn-exit.

Question: why do you prefer all flags to be in the open ?

Monk.

+Quote Post
The President Of...
post Jan 4 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #18

Private

Member No.: 4,315

I get frames as low as 12 in some areas of the map and then there's this

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 08:36 AM