IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> V0.0.13 - Fixes, More Crosshairs, Distant Sounds, and a note for mappers about spawns
TinEastwood
post Aug 14 2005, 01:06 AM
Post #26

BftC management

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,598

1 more mirror

Zip version:
http://www.tineastwood.dk/bftc/forums/dloa...=file&file_id=2

Installer:
http://www.tineastwood.dk/bftc/forums/dloa...=file&file_id=3
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Draco
post Aug 14 2005, 02:51 AM
Post #27

They've taken my poopsmith!

Member No.: 3,242

terminx man, i told you in game, they didnt use a fucking blunderbuss in these battles, the guns that are in are the standard arms for the ofrces at this time. forget the blunderbuss, its like, a early experiment of the gun, one of those things that didnt work out right, like BETA tapes as opposed to VHS

+Quote Post
treestuffer
post Aug 14 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #28

Lieutennant

Member No.: 1,968

I've noticed that the distant sounds start sounding distant too soon. It is kind of odd to hear shots in the distance and then walk ten feet and they are normal.

+Quote Post
jackx
post Aug 14 2005, 07:47 AM
Post #29

midnight devcult phenomena
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 1,223

I'd like to see evidence for the infantry of all parties involved in the conflict regularly being equipped with a pistol or a brace of pistols in addition to their longarm...
The only units that I can think of whose regulation equipment included not only a longarm, but two pistols as well are cavalry...

I could see pistol+musket+knife being an option (even a balanceable one, given that pistols get realistic "accuracy") for some militia units, but tbh, I don't think it was done often, and if I recall correctly, Sgt Pepper even presented evidence of soldiers of the ACW discarding privately-bought pistols they intended to carry in addition to their longarm because it wasn't worth the extra weight, looking for ammunition etc... and the pistols (revolvers) in that case were a lot less bulky and heavy than the flintlock pistols that'd have been used during the AWI.

--------------------
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be... no peace
no peace!

-------

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Aug 14 2005, 08:50 AM
Post #30

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

ACW = American civil war?

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
Lu101
post Aug 14 2005, 03:35 PM
Post #31

Private

Member No.: 3,615

The infantry are still snipers. The minute men are supposed to be snipers. You said your were going to fix the file names of the classes.txt or whatever, so there would be no problem. Forgot? It feels really awkward.

+Quote Post
Sgt Pepper
post Aug 14 2005, 06:38 PM
Post #32

Sgt Pepper - Just the wrong side of 'taste' since 1805
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

I don't recall doing that jackx, but I might be wrong. My observations on armament however are these:
Blunderbusses were used by British sailors when boarding ships (and later by the postal service). It is mostly a close range/home defense weapon. It does however predate the Revolution, I think it has existed for at least as long as the flintlock. I have found one (1) mention of an American carrying a blunderbuss. It wouldn't fit with the long range style of warfare in the early war, and not in the standardised, regularised and uniform warfare of the later war.

Regarding pistols: Pistols were carried by officers and cavalry and sailors as well. They might sometimes have two. Jackx could probably elaborate, but officers didn't start fighting until melee ensued. Up to that point they would be busy commanding their troops. Militia carrying pistols again goes against reason when you look at the way they were fighting. They didn't really want to get close enough to the enemy to have any use of pistols.

Conclusion: Spreading the pistol to more classes is not a good idea.

This fixation with Main/backup/melee weapon is some sort of computer game thing, and not very common in armies now or then. Most soldiers nowadays only carry a rifle (and then additional heavy crew based weapons and AT and the like), but not a pistol. Officers more commonly carry pistols, and I see this as more of a status/rank thing. Special troops like SpecOps and commandos do carry pistols, but still, it's uncommon. I don't think many Americans owned pistols back then, they had little use for them, and so wouldn't carry any into battle.

+Quote Post
jackx
post Aug 14 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #33

midnight devcult phenomena
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,223

Fair enough. I'm quite certain I picked that one up in the old "history" section of this board and probably just ended up ascribing it to you because you were the most likely person to say it...

--------------------
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be... no peace
no peace!

-------

+Quote Post
Tjoppen
post Aug 15 2005, 03:38 PM
Post #34

Major
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 1,207

The american infantry/sniper mixup will be fixed in the next version. A minor mishap caused it to be left out of v0.0.13.

+Quote Post
Eraser
post Aug 20 2005, 12:41 AM
Post #35

Private

Member No.: 3,700

With over 600 downloads on my mirror alone, it's heavy on the bandwidth when it's frontpage news phone.gif

but I love you so it will always be up, unless it goes over 30gb bandwidth. smile.gif:

This post has been edited by Eraser: Aug 20 2005, 12:44 AM

+Quote Post
Loc-Deu
post Aug 28 2005, 01:07 PM
Post #36

Private

Member No.: 3,555

great smile.gif

i download it and try it now smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th November 2017 - 02:14 PM