> Update: 2.1.1, Fixes to 2.1
Nathan Hale
post Nov 12 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #1

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

When we released Battle Grounds 2 2.1, we received quite a bit of feedback. Some of it was good, and some of it had suggestions for improvement. Well, the BG2 Dev Team heard your requests and the result of many of them is this: 2.1.1. This update patch features fixes to melee, several maps and to flintlock shooting made to balance gameplay and add to realism.

Thanks to your suggestions and Tjoppen’s work with the game code, we found a major flaw in the bayonet physics that 2.1.1 fixes. We also tweaked the way flintlocks work in the game, adding a very slight delay to firing, to increase realism.

Grantelbart has also found and fixed several map exploits in 2.1.1, which should be helpful.

The Dev Team also heard your requests for incremental patches, and so this update is a small incremental addition to 2.1. In order to play 2.1.1, you must first have 2.1 installed (which all of you should have now anyway), and then apply the small 2.1.1 patch.

Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to providing more player-friendly updates down the road.

-Nathan Hale

2.1.1 UPDATE:

Windows Client
http://mirror.bgmod.com/bg2/bg2-2.1-2.1.1-patch.exe

Windows Server Zip
http://mirror.bgmod.com/bg2/bg2-2.1-2.1.1-patch.zip

Linux Server Archive
http://mirror.bgmod.com/bg2/bg2-2.1-2.1.1-patch.tar.gz

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
oo7
post Nov 12 2011, 08:45 PM
Post #2

Self proclaimecd grandmaster of the universe

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,480

i cannot install this patch, it downloads fine (redownloaded 5 times) but when i install it, all is fine until it begins extracting, then i get an error extracting client.dll and server.dll which i can click ignore but then i cannot connect to any servers because my dll differs from the servers

i am still able to connect to 2.1 servers after installing 2.1.1 patch, but obviously now there are differences to certain maps which i can no longer play

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Nov 12 2011, 09:44 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

QUOTE (oo7 @ Nov 12 2011, 04:45 PM) *
i cannot install this patch, it downloads fine (redownloaded 5 times) but when i install it, all is fine until it begins extracting, then i get an error extracting client.dll and server.dll which i can click ignore but then i cannot connect to any servers because my dll differs from the servers

i am still able to connect to 2.1 servers after installing 2.1.1 patch, but obviously now there are differences to certain maps which i can no longer play

That sounds like the 2.1 dlls are still present. I do not believe you can play 2.1 once you installed 2.1.1 because those DLLs are pure white listed. It sounds like the 2.1 dlls are still there. Did you check to see if they are write protected or something?

--------------------

+Quote Post
oo7
post Nov 12 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #4

although they definitely were not read only, i have since renamed the files and the installer works fine, the new files are present and correct so i have no idea what the problem was but managed to get around it and tested it briefly on bg_trenton and it does work, trenton bug still exists though?

edit: i am now able to confirm that there is at least 2 places on bg_trenton that player is able to get on top of/below map

This post has been edited by oo7: Nov 12 2011, 10:01 PM

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Nov 12 2011, 10:58 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

QUOTE (oo7 @ Nov 12 2011, 05:51 PM) *
although they definitely were not read only, i have since renamed the files and the installer works fine, the new files are present and correct so i have no idea what the problem was but managed to get around it and tested it briefly on bg_trenton and it does work, trenton bug still exists though?

edit: i am now able to confirm that there is at least 2 places on bg_trenton that player is able to get on top of/below map

Some maps were fixed, others not ready yet. We ended wanting to fix melee so the game could be more reasonably played for the time being. What you should do is report each location found to the map's maker, usually Grantel or Klif. They will fix the bad spots and, depending on what we have done, may release another patch later to fix these items and some other complaints that are still coming in.

--------------------

+Quote Post
James Asner
post Nov 13 2011, 03:44 AM
Post #6

Captain

Member No.: 14,047

Was hoping you'd go back to the old spawn style. Any plans to fix alpinepass or the square map (sq1 or sq2)?

--------------------

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Nov 13 2011, 09:08 AM
Post #7

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,115

QUOTE (James Asner @ Nov 13 2011, 04:44 AM) *
Was hoping you'd go back to the old spawn style. Any plans to fix alpinepass or the square map (sq1 or sq2)?

sq1 and sq2 are not official maps, so it is not our job to do that. TRR has a version of sq1 that still works with a lot of players.

I'm not sure if there is any chance to obtain the source of alpine pass, so decompile might be our only option there. Of course I could move up spawns pretty indifferently using entspy to bump all american spawns up by 8 or 16 units but that's rather crude.

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
MacKenzie
post Nov 13 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #8

Geometry Of Love

Member No.: 7,179

lets see if the update can save the bg community. :P

--------------------
add a soundtack to your life to perfect it

best website ever: idiot

+Quote Post
klifsnider
post Nov 13 2011, 12:00 PM
Post #9

Major
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 7,408

QUOTE (oo7 @ Nov 12 2011, 10:51 PM) *

I am aware of (only one?) trenton bug, I didn't get the time to fix it before 2.1.1 was released though, with being in bootcamp and all...

Will be fixed by 2.1.2, happy glitching until then!

--------------------
Collected awards in BGU matches:
>Most Annoying Playstyle
>Lamest Killstealer
>Best Spectator

+Quote Post
goldfish
post Nov 13 2011, 12:52 PM
Post #10

Private

Member No.: 14,932

yey u guys fexed melee :DDD

--------------------
♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥

+Quote Post
oo7
post Nov 13 2011, 01:45 PM
Post #11

klif i mentioned previously there may be another way up but i was still working on it, my research is now complete and so next time im on it ill send you a screenshot

+Quote Post
James Asner
post Nov 14 2011, 07:20 PM
Post #12

Captain

Member No.: 14,047

QUOTE (gRanTeLbArT @ Nov 13 2011, 04:08 AM) *

sq1 and sq2 are not official maps, so it is not our job to do that. TRR has a version of sq1 that still works with a lot of players.

I'm not sure if there is any chance to obtain the source of alpine pass, so decompile might be our only option there. Of course I could move up spawns pretty indifferently using entspy to bump all american spawns up by 8 or 16 units but that's rather crude.

v0.0.7 - 20050529
map added: "sq1" (by popular request)

Sure it is. Anyway, yes we use trr's square map now. The only annoying thing about it is the sound of the floor material.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Nov 14 2011, 09:54 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

QUOTE (James Asner @ Nov 14 2011, 03:20 PM) *
QUOTE (gRanTeLbArT @ Nov 13 2011, 04:08 AM) *

v0.0.7 - 20050529
map added: "sq1" (by popular request)

Sure it is. Anyway, yes we use trr's square map now. The only annoying thing about it is the sound of the floor material.

That update was in May 2005. It was pulled from the official maps quite awhile back because it's just a melee practice map. People still play it in some spots. I don't think we've officially supported that map in quite some time now, at least that I can recall in memory.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Nov 15 2011, 08:39 AM
Post #14

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,115

You are a mapper yourself, why don't you just take yourself 2 minutes time and make your own sq1?

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 06:39 AM