Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 2.2 Suggestions
Andy011
post Nov 21 2011, 04:57 AM
Post #26

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,774

I always thought the officers, frontiersmen, natives and jaegers were harder to hit because of their fighting stance when they pull out their melee weapons. I think you should move their arms a bit closer to their torsos. What's more, I'd love it if you could make their running animations include arm movement while running, and a different slash animation (stab animation for the frontiersman class) instead of the default hl2 crowbar swing animation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gio ok
post Nov 24 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #27

Private

Member No.: 14,959

In my opinion, the cannons are useless and are practically unenforceable, and recharge themselves magically.
This leverage much of the realism of the game.
So either you take away the cannons, or add a charging mode like the muskets and increases the controllability.

Another thing I'd add are the grenades, which are very inaccurate and dangerous for those times.

+Quote Post
Koach
post Nov 25 2011, 07:22 AM
Post #28

Bugger you.
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 14,790

READ ALL OF IT BEFORE POSTING A SUGGESTION. ALL OF IT.

These are some of the suggestions we have heard a million times before, and don't want to hear again:

Horses, GRENADES, flag bearers, drummers, medics, prone, mobile cannons, more weapons (especially bows and arrows for indians, Gatling guns, and Baker rifles), scopes, more classes (we have thought of them all already), longer reloads, shorter reloads, abort reload, naval battles with controllable ships, parrying and fencing, iron sights.

sorry bud, wont happen.

and regarding what BIKA said bout the dev team not having the time to improve the visuals, i utterly agree on that. all those suggestions i made can be done by a 3rd party developer at any moment. i would have added "make new redcoat skin, the current doesnt look to good", to what i agree, i hate the redcoat skin, but, HEY, look at this: I CAN MAKE IT MYSELF!. that's what i want to encourage, 3rd party development, easy things anybody can pull off in a matter of hours if not days. if we all add our own little grain of sand, we'll end up with a bloody great mod, with lots of different visual customizations made by 3rd party devs, like CSS and TF2 do with gamebanana.

i think the best 2.2 suggestion i can give is to have a look at 3rd party development. i saw an old brown bess skin in the forums that the devs said it had a chance of getting into 2.1 (BB Skin here), and even if it didn't make it in, the devs gave the chance to another guy. i like that.

in fact, this could save the devs some time, if, say, James Asner one day is bored at home and decides to make a nice map, 1 month later it looks gorgeous, he could send it in to the dev team, they could spend 30 minutes evaluating it and decide if it's good enough to put it into a new update rather than get Grantel or Klif to make a map. another example, Mikoo one day comes into the forum and posts a good looking Revolutionnaire model, with textures and normalmaps already done, you could include it in.

that's just an idea that's meant to solve the developer's problems in an interesting way. agree or disagree with me, i do not care.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gio ok
post Dec 3 2011, 11:37 AM
Post #29

Private

Member No.: 14,959

in the attack with the bayonet, you could add a way of keeping his bayonet ready to attack by holding down the button on the mouse.
if you load more than the bayonet attack becomes powerful.
I thought, after I played the award-winning red orchestra ostfront, where there are attacks with the bayonet.

+Quote Post
goldfish
post Dec 6 2011, 08:37 AM
Post #30

Private

Member No.: 14,932

I think you should add a command that disables stamina loss.

--------------------
♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥▲♥

+Quote Post
LaBelle
post Dec 11 2011, 02:27 AM
Post #31

Lieutennant

Member No.: 14,712

QUOTE (gio ok @ Dec 3 2011, 12:37 PM) *
in the attack with the bayonet, you could add a way of keeping his bayonet ready to attack by holding down the button on the mouse.
I thought, after I played the award-winning red orchestra ostfront, where there are attacks with the bayonet.

Do...you talk like that in real life?

"Here bro, try my award winning Heinz Ketchup."
"Mom, will you allow me to purchase the award-winning Modern Warfare game for my highest-selling console of all time, the blahblah?"
"Dad, thank you for this box of award-winning condoms. I will use them to full effect. Trojan: Can't wait to get them on."

+Quote Post
Von Kriplespac
post Dec 16 2011, 07:30 PM
Post #32

Private

Member No.: 5,603

QUOTE (gio ok @ Dec 3 2011, 12:37 PM) *

I do catch what he's saying - the ability to "Click and hold" the melee button until ready for an attack would make an excellent change to melee. His idea is smart, even if he talks funny. The feature he is referring to gives the player the ability to fire on the enemy and then charge him with a hand to hand attack already prepared so that he doesn't have worry about timing each attack. I understand that the pre-established melee system in BG takes takes some commitment to learn and new players might be discouraged after getting repeatedly owned in the head by older, more practiced players who have their timing down to the millisecond. Having the melee system altered this way wouldn't be a detriment to long-time players any way, since they already know the range of the weapon and where to aim for a killshot.

It would certainly make the situation easier for new players who are just starting and would make BG a slightly smoother play.

+Quote Post
Koach
post Dec 17 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #33

Bugger you.
Group Icon

i'm sure that if the devs do any change to the melee system, at least 60% of all BG2 players will rage and demand the devs to set it back as before.

DON'T TOUCH MELEE. IT'S OK AS IT IS.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Von Kriplespac
post Dec 18 2011, 09:26 AM
Post #34

Private

Member No.: 5,603

QUOTE (santi koach @ Dec 16 2011, 05:12 PM) *
i'm sure that if the devs do any change to the melee system, at least 60% of all BG2 players will rage and demand the devs to set it back as before.

DON'T TOUCH MELEE. IT'S OK AS IT IS.

I'm personally fine with it - all I said is that a change may help newbs. On the same note though, people have already resisted the update as-is, proving people are stupid and will be angry even at progress.

+Quote Post
zolminer
post Dec 22 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #35

Private

Member No.: 14,986

maybe, make battlegrounds playable on mac? I have a mac, so can't play it, even though i want it so much!!! cry.gif

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Dec 22 2011, 10:24 PM
Post #36

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

QUOTE (zolminer @ Dec 22 2011, 04:49 PM) *
maybe, make battlegrounds playable on mac? I have a mac, so can't play it, even though i want it so much!!! cry.gif

Did Valve ever make the engine available for Mac? Last time we looked into this, they had not released the needed foundation for us to make BG work on a Mac.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ad-Man
post Dec 22 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #37

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,147

Nope.

--------------------
Do you cant read me ? Not read ..
Not like whot i write ? not read too ...
Where is the problem ?

QUOTE (Copywright (wallhacker/bad modeler))
BGu had a chance of coming back but Roob failed sad really

+Quote Post
Im_So_Cool_Retar...
post Dec 30 2011, 02:01 PM
Post #38

Captain

Member No.: 5,184

So how much damage would a "charged up" bayonet attack do?

It obviously shouldn't kill in 1 attack, so what's the difference to a normal attack?

Pretty stupid idea imo.

--------------------
7:28 PM - brnc: you are the best
7:28 PM - brnc: im second

1:27 PM - brnc: what the fuck are they talking about?
1:27 PM - we're all made of bubbles: man wtf are they talking about
1:27 PM - we're all made of bubbles: lol
1:27 PM - brnc: HAHA

+Quote Post
QwErTy
post Jan 5 2012, 06:20 PM
Post #39

Lieutennant

Member No.: 13,322

and boom goes the dynamite

+Quote Post
Pumbassa
post Jan 24 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #40

Private

Member No.: 15,000

QUOTE (Forlorn_Hope @ Nov 13 2011, 11:22 PM) *
Well, with 2.1(.1) out the door, as a team we're sitting down and brain storming about what we want to do in 2.2. Of course, anything we can do is limited by our resources, but this is brain storming. What would you like to see in 2.2, and, perhaps more importantly, what's your historic backing for it?

Hello :]
I'm not sure if it's just the source engine, but when line battling and running behind people you collide with them awkwardly like your lagging and can sometimes see into their heads. It would be appreciated if that could be fixed.

Some of the edges on the muskets and collars etc are quite jagged and could use improvement.

Any improvements to the Officer's sabre would be super, I think they are outclassed as a melee fighter

Perhaps a new musket for the Native, I like how as Militia you can the choose Fowler which is more accurate than the continental muskets but with Native you are stuck with the Brown Bess and Long Land Pattern(might as well go Royal Infantry). I don't know if historically they would have used different muskets but I just thought I'd mention it.

Finally quite a minor point, a choice to manipulate the damage report, maybe by positioning it on the screen via the multiplayer options? the ability to change the size etc

That's it, overall I think BG2 is a fairly solid game and am glad their are devs still working on it :)

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Jan 25 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #41

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 14,831

Thanks for the feedback.

Work is being done on improving models and textures, or outright replacing them altogether. The next version should see some seriously improved visuals.

For now I doubt the Native will get any new weapons, as allies of the British they would have been armed with British weapons, often cast offs. Hence the Brown Bess and Long Pattern being the only choices.

Interesting point about the damage reports, I'll look into it.

--------------------
bjn: no time for sean nanny goons

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Jan 26 2012, 03:54 PM
Post #42

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

Natives might have used even older muskets than those that we currently have in the game, but I believe with the long land pattern musket (developed in the 1720s) is a pretty accurate choice.

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
mpc
post Jan 26 2012, 08:22 PM
Post #43

Padawan of Grantelbart
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 6,884

Matchlocks :P

--------------------
Want to join TRR? www.theroyalrecruits.com - Plexi's cat can see your soul!

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Jan 26 2012, 09:41 PM
Post #44

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Member No.: 124

Natives would indeed use a variety of guns. They probably would have a mixture of old Long Patterns, 1720s pattern French muskets, Fusils de Chasse and English Trade Muskets. The trade muskets, 1720s French muskets and Long Patterns all sort of reside in the same ball park. The Fusil is a slender hunting gun of lighter weight and usually a smaller calibre.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pumbassa
post Jan 28 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #45

Private

Member No.: 15,000

Just editing an old post that was a bad idea.

This post has been edited by Pumbassa: Oct 24 2012, 04:05 PM

+Quote Post
Koach
post Jan 28 2012, 08:14 PM
Post #46

Bugger you.
Group Icon

Mappers can easily do that by adding a trigger hurt to the stakes. However, doesnt make too much sense, as they were made to stop cavalry, not infantry.

--------------------

+Quote Post
gecko
post Jan 30 2012, 11:30 AM
Post #47

King Gecko of 1.0F Dev
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,511

QUOTE (Pumbassa @ Jan 28 2012, 07:17 PM) *
One more very minor thing which I forgot to mention was that I think if defensive wooden spikes damaged or even killed the player if they came into contact with the tip of them. It would just add some more realism and map interactivity. (I highlighted a picture but it wouldn't let me upload it sad.gif )

Yes, totally realistic that people run in to a stake hard enough to pierce their clothing and impale themselves to the point where they can't get off and die instantly.

+Quote Post
Alpha
post Jan 30 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #48

Corporal

Member No.: 14,910

I think the devs musn't forget that BG2 is a game and not a simulation , adding things like wooden spikes (that hurt) everywhere might make it more realistic but its just going to annoy players .

This post has been edited by Alpha: Jan 30 2012, 04:55 PM

+Quote Post
Cpl.Kieth
post Jan 30 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #49

#1 fanboi

Member No.: 7,417

ya spikes would be pretty fucking gay. Add it plz, cause i love my realism

--------------------
I can put a fucking iron triangle in your head from 9ft away with my long land pattern brown bess flintlock musket.
* K *: YA I GIMP SHIT TOo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

+Quote Post
BIKA
post Jan 31 2012, 04:03 PM
Post #50

Lieutennant

Member No.: 14,854

Can you build an installer that only has trr_strangeways in the 'maps' folder. Also, by default, unbounded W, A, and D keys. It would also be nice to include a function to only allow you to shoot when you're close to the enemy, followed by immediately pressing R to reload, because "Heh, there's no way he can get me from here." But, after the person kills you, it would be nice to have it automatically trigger a say command that is randomized by 100 different alias' all including something that says the person is Cheating/Hacking. Because, it's just so obvious when they kill me while I'm reloading or running in a straight line that they're using a cheat/hack. I mean common! Head shots?! Are you kidding me, how is that even possible? I also find it totally outrageous when someone's player model jumps higher than mine, this is some kind of exploit or cheat that you must get to the bottom of! For all future reference, though. Just ban this guy in the next version. STEAM_0:0:7062884, totally cheating and always somehow uses more than one steam account. I think he hacked VALVe to get more accounts. Plus, when he spawns. He, get this... You won't believe it. He MOVES his mouse around and does weird movements. Such a hack! It's so suspicious, I'm afraid that I just can't even fathom how this player's mouse can move faster than mine. I mean, I got a überpro mouse and everything, but this guy... His mouse is faster than mine! Ahh!!

This post has been edited by BIKA: Jan 31 2012, 04:09 PM

--------------------
· ğ__ğ
(^_^=)[XXXX]~»
BIKA
· \_+_/¨¨/_+_\

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 12:49 PM