> Bg_linebattle
AngryTaxPayer
post Aug 24 2007, 11:28 PM
Post #1

His Lordship
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 5,683

**********************************************************************************
To the Original Mapper:

I take NO credit for the geometry of this map. By no means should this map be released by anyone if the original mapper wishes his/her work to remain removed from BG2.

**********************************************************************************
I have only ported a classic map and made it work in BG2 with the addition of a few minor props.
As of now you spawn and move forward to the original invisible barrier.
Having to remove all triggers from the original version and create my own,
I was forced to do some guess work. Now once you come in contact with the barrier
you have 40 seconds to line battle, after which you will be able to progress to
the center of the map. Of course this map is set to LMS to more accuratley recreate
the BG1 version. I did not feel it necessary to keep the 4 bullet constraint, since the setup
I have in place now shows no real exploit nor injury in having a full bag.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round-LMS
Time-150sec

Let me know what you think.

(PS. Optimization was limited on this port due to time constraints. Though i assure it is within working order)

LINK FOR BSP DOWNLOAD-->bg_linebattle_old

LIND FOR CFG DOWNLOAD bg_linebattle_old.cfg

--------------------

The essential act of war is destruction, not necessarily of human lives, but of the products of human labor. War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent. And at the same time the consciousness of being at war, and therefore in danger, makes the handing-over of all power to a small caste seem the natural, unavoidable condition of survival. -George Orwell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Aug 25 2007, 02:47 PM
Post #2

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

I will tell you what I think, this is horrible. Like all the other remakes of BG1 maps. There is a reason why we do not do that in any form. Do not bother to remake old bg1 maps. BG1 was a totally different game as draco pointed out and the maps are not going to work out on BG2.

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
3DDEATH
post Aug 25 2007, 03:08 PM
Post #3

Major

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,430

Now I will tell you that only two maps that have been made for bg2 have worked out and thats bg_ambush, which is somewhat a layout like bg1 ambush and castle which has nothing to do with the war. Hmm, atleast someone is working to keep pubbers playing in bg2. Now as for the other maps in bg2 that are custom, I thank you for the time spent to keep it alive, even though not many are playing bg2 anymore.

This post has been edited by 3DDEATH: Aug 25 2007, 03:10 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (gRanTeLbArT @ Aug 25 2007, 02:47 PM) *
I will tell you what I think, this is horrible. Like all the other remakes of BG1 maps. There is a reason why we do not do that in any form. Do not bother to remake old bg1 maps. BG1 was a totally different game as draco pointed out and the maps are not going to work out on BG2.

Rejoice in thy youth,soon it will be gone

+Quote Post
Draco
post Aug 28 2007, 07:38 PM
Post #4

They've taken my poopsmith!

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,242

QUOTE(AngryTaxPayer @ Aug 25 2007, 09:28 AM) [snapback]30109[/snapback]

To the Original Mapper:

I take NO credit for the geometry of this map. By no means should this map be released by anyone if the original mapper wishes his/her work to remain removed from BG2.

I have only ported a classic map and made it work in BG2 with the addition of a few minor props.
As of now you spawn and move forward to the original invisible barrier.
Having to remove all triggers from the original version and create my own,
I was forced to do some guess work. Now once you come in contact with the barrier
you have 40 seconds to line battle, after which you will be able to progress to
the center of the map. Of course this map is set to LMS to more accuratley recreate
the BG1 version. I did not feel it necessary to keep the 4 bullet constraint, since the setup
I have in place now shows no real exploit nor injury in having a full bag.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round-LMS
Time-150sec

Let me know what you think.

(PS. Optimization was limited on this port due to time constraints. Though i assure it is within working order)

LINK FOR BSP DOWNLOAD-->bg_linebattle_old

LIND FOR CFG DOWNLOAD bg_linebattle_old.cfg

Wish I could get the svn version of bg2 (it's still down) so I could see it. Got any screenshots dude? if its the bg1.0f version it would be cool with hl2 water and rain etc.

+Quote Post
hairypotter
post Aug 29 2007, 12:49 AM
Post #5

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,585

Hey Draco.

Here's a screenshot ( The map is symmetrical so you only need one ;) )
http://angryplayers.branzone.com/Linebattle1.png

Sorry if the pic is a tad dark I don't know if that's the map or just paint.
Fuck we ought to convert bg_blue over to BG2 :O

--------------------
fa⋅ce⋅tious  [fuh-see-shuhs] –adjective
1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a BG2 developer.

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Aug 29 2007, 01:09 AM
Post #6

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,115

draco this sort of crap does not get onto the svn, luckily.. it is only 3rd party, too

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
hairypotter
post Aug 29 2007, 11:49 AM
Post #7

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,585

Damn Grant, you seem to get a bit hostile when there's other people around who know their way around Hammer. :O

You'd probably hate me for porting over breakship.
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/9911

This post has been edited by hairypotter: Aug 29 2007, 11:50 AM

--------------------
fa⋅ce⋅tious  [fuh-see-shuhs] –adjective
1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a BG2 developer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd July 2017 - 04:35 AM