Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Choke, map/game
3DDEATH
post Apr 7 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #1

Major

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,430

Well I did alittle checking in some servers on Loss and choke. Heres what I found, A server with 10 or less players there is very little if not any choke. Servers with 20 or more choke is around 53 to 70. I have been working with my server host and the conclusion is map/game. Any thoughts from the dev-team on this would help greatly.
I have rebooted server only to find as soon as players begin to join up goes the choke. Also I ran the check againest Admin plugins and found a deticated with no plugins also has High choke so you can rule out Sourcemm and Mani.

--------------------

QUOTE (gRanTeLbArT @ Aug 25 2007, 02:47 PM) *
I will tell you what I think, this is horrible. Like all the other remakes of BG1 maps. There is a reason why we do not do that in any form. Do not bother to remake old bg1 maps. BG1 was a totally different game as draco pointed out and the maps are not going to work out on BG2.

Rejoice in thy youth,soon it will be gone
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Apr 7 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #2

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,115

doesnt everyone get different choke? maybe there is something wrogn with rates

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
jackx
post Apr 7 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #3

midnight devcult phenomena
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,223

http://whisper.ausgamers.com/wiki/index.php/Tickrate#Choke

This could prove helpful...
And yes, a player can generally lower the choke by lowering the updaterate, but that also obviously reduces the overall accuracy of what the client gets to see... and I personally don't feel like punishing myself for playing on a badly set-up server...

This post has been edited by jackx: Apr 7 2006, 08:45 AM

--------------------
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be... no peace
no peace!

-------

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Apr 7 2006, 10:54 AM
Post #4

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

you can optimize your rates without changing updaterate.. there are more rates than that, but I dont have any idea which ones there are in source

This post has been edited by gRanTeLbArT: Apr 7 2006, 10:54 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jackx
post Apr 7 2006, 01:10 PM
Post #5

midnight devcult phenomena
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,223

what do you mean "optimize"? I can set it to the optimal value for my connection, if I have to lower it because that's too much for the server, how's that "optimizing"? It's a lame compromise, that's what it is. :angry:

--------------------
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be... no peace
no peace!

-------

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post Apr 7 2006, 03:12 PM
Post #6

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

you must be talking about something else, e.g hl1 has:
cl_cmdrate // capped at 50 as far as I know. updates sent to the server/second
cl_rate/rate (whatever it is) // capped at 20000? dunno. bytes/s
cl_updaterate // capped at 20. 20 times per second the client gets a full update of the stuff going on

sv_maxrate // capped at.. 20000? dunno. bytes/s
sv_minrate
sys_tickrate // 0-1000. 1000 fps means an update on the server every ms

it probably works similar in source.

the limits are: the power and internet connection of the server, the maximum values for the settings, and your internet connection
assuming your internet connection and your rate settings are not the problem, it obviously will be the server. in this case, your just fucked.

3d death, you should really google something all the source server side settings and check them through, same with your client ones. then just test again.

This post has been edited by gRanTeLbArT: Apr 7 2006, 03:23 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
3DDEATH
post Apr 8 2006, 05:02 PM
Post #7

Major

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,430

QUOTE(jackx @ Apr 7 2006, 08:43 AM)
http://whisper.ausgamers.com/wiki/index.php/Tickrate#Choke

This could prove helpful...
And yes, a player can generally lower the choke by lowering the updaterate, but that also obviously reduces the overall accuracy of what the client gets to see... and I personally don't feel like punishing myself for playing on a badly set-up server...
[snapback]19342[/snapback]

Very nice article and it seems my server host did put some things in server confg that caused it. Also just a quick note about VAC servers. I ask my server host to stop Vac for a test and we found that running Vac causes pings to rise and some lag occurs. I know Vac is a stinger for hackers but until Valve understands what it does to servers it may not be a good thing but on the other hand bg2 is a beta so there could be issues there to. Also upgrading metasource and admin plugins resolved alot of issues to. Fastdownload is working fine and players can vote for maps. Now as far as choke goes, there still will be choke after along time if servers remaining ful for long periods, so a reboot is still recomended. Thanx to all for the input and if anymore things can be found please let us know.

--------------------

QUOTE (gRanTeLbArT @ Aug 25 2007, 02:47 PM) *
I will tell you what I think, this is horrible. Like all the other remakes of BG1 maps. There is a reason why we do not do that in any form. Do not bother to remake old bg1 maps. BG1 was a totally different game as draco pointed out and the maps are not going to work out on BG2.

Rejoice in thy youth,soon it will be gone

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th July 2019 - 08:16 PM