> 1.0f Bug Fix Release.
Kez
post Aug 3 2006, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Sergeant Major

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,195

Hi, have fixed 2 bugs in 1.0f

This file is only needed serverside, client dll is unchanged.

1: FIXED - cannons firing & explosions on maps like battlefiled & bunkerhill causing server crashes.
2: FIXED - suicide bug, if you fell or pressed P, occasionally the server would crash.

So everyone who has P blocked and +use blocked with a plugin, you can remove them, and run any map that has cannons or cannon type explosions, or fall places where a player can die, E.G: bunkerhill,battlefileds,cliff.

Wasted time.

wub.gif

This post has been edited by Kez: Aug 19 2006, 10:15 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Forlorn_Hope
post Aug 3 2006, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 2,023

<3 'Nuff said.

--------------------
"There will be no more naked sunbathing." An actual rule for the base I was on, in the middle of Afghanistan.

"Forlorn basically said everything right." Codename:V

+Quote Post
gecko
post Aug 3 2006, 01:01 PM
Post #3

King Gecko of 1.0F Dev
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,511

Please release the fixed source code with this, and could you also pm me the code changes you made, or post them here. Thanks, its much appreciated.

+Quote Post
Kez
post Aug 3 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #4

Sergeant Major

Yep, i will post it, all changes have //KEZ next to them so you can search for the changes easily.

MODIFIED SOURCE

This post has been edited by Kez: Aug 3 2006, 01:14 PM

+Quote Post
Kez
post Aug 4 2006, 02:20 AM
Post #5

Sergeant Major

btw this is for a windows server, does anyone know how i compile it for liinux, or can anyone do that for me?

Thanks wub.gif

+Quote Post
Pope Hannibal
post Aug 4 2006, 05:49 AM
Post #6

</3

Member No.: 3,653

Errrm, Yeh...

Linux bg_i386.so

+Quote Post
Kez
post Aug 4 2006, 06:12 AM
Post #7

Sergeant Major

QUOTE(Pope Hannibal @ Aug 4 2006, 06:49 AM) [snapback]23753[/snapback]

Errrm, Yeh...

Linux bg_i386.so

lol thanks

+Quote Post
3DDEATH
post Aug 4 2006, 07:44 PM
Post #8

Major

Member No.: 2,430

Couple of things, 1. Model Exploit is still there, 2. 3D server had 20 people playing battlefield and we got through almost all the way through the map when it did crash on cannon fire. Then I tried Bunkerhill and it crashed after I blew up the barrels. I am running a linux server!!! Do I need the new Bg_i386.so that Pope created or is that the current one for linux.

This post has been edited by 3DDEATH: Aug 4 2006, 08:22 PM

--------------------

QUOTE (gRanTeLbArT @ Aug 25 2007, 02:47 PM) *
I will tell you what I think, this is horrible. Like all the other remakes of BG1 maps. There is a reason why we do not do that in any form. Do not bother to remake old bg1 maps. BG1 was a totally different game as draco pointed out and the maps are not going to work out on BG2.

Rejoice in thy youth,soon it will be gone

+Quote Post
Kez
post Aug 4 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #9

Sergeant Major

you need the one that pope posted, to fix the cannons crashing and suicide bug. keep the blockmodel plugin on your server though.

+Quote Post
3DDEATH
post Aug 4 2006, 09:47 PM
Post #10

Major

Ok ty Kez the new Goddess of BG wub.gif

--------------------

I will tell you what I think, this is horrible. Like all the other remakes of BG1 maps. There is a reason why we do not do that in any form. Do not bother to remake old bg1 maps. BG1 was a totally different game as draco pointed out and the maps are not going to work out on BG2.

+Quote Post
Slash
post Aug 12 2006, 10:41 PM
Post #11

BGL Admin
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 1,320

So a week and a half later... any thoughts? Is this still working OK? Has anyone looked at the code and considered continuing work and fixing more bugs? Or is this it? Has anyone tried the linux binary? Sometimes if it's not compiled with the older versions of some libraries, it won't work on some servers. I can compile a more portable one if this is the case.

+Quote Post
3DDEATH
post Aug 13 2006, 04:01 PM
Post #12

Major

QUOTE(Slash @ Aug 12 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]24171[/snapback]

So a week and a half later... any thoughts? Is this still working OK? Has anyone looked at the code and considered continuing work and fixing more bugs? Or is this it? Has anyone tried the linux binary? Sometimes if it's not compiled with the older versions of some libraries, it won't work on some servers. I can compile a more portable one if this is the case.

Im running a linux server with Pope Hannibals one he create if were talking about the same thing and it seems to be running ok. The only bug is the model exploit which Kez created a plugin to stop it. We played crush,field,bunkerhill and no crashes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slash
post Aug 15 2006, 10:42 PM
Post #13

BGL Admin
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,320

I noticed some servers stopped logging some information to their logs. For example, there are absolutely no kill/death/attack messages in logs. There are only capture messages. As far as I know, the servers in question are using this fix. Can anyone confirm this?

+Quote Post
TePe
post Aug 16 2006, 10:52 AM
Post #14

Private

Member No.: 5,051

QUOTE(Slash @ Aug 16 2006, 12:42 AM) [snapback]24277[/snapback]

I noticed some servers stopped logging some information to their logs. For example, there are absolutely no kill/death/attack messages in logs. There are only capture messages. As far as I know, the servers in question are using this fix. Can anyone confirm this?

The logs now are like that:

12:42:10 "Ciber.coM<36><STEAM_0:0:270265><British>" committed suicide with "Bayonet" (world)

This is a death to bayonet not a suicide.

+Quote Post
Kez
post Aug 16 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #15

Sergeant Major

I'm working on a fix for this and the model exploit, as soon as i have done it and it works properly i will post it here.

+Quote Post
Spoofer
post Aug 16 2006, 07:33 PM
Post #16

I ate all your bees.

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2,127

ty Kez. happy.gif

+Quote Post
Kez
post Aug 16 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #17

Sergeant Major

smile.gif i have fixed the kills not showing so far, i am stuck with the model bug tho, does anyone know c++ that can help me?, i need to find the variables to check if a player has spawned so i can use it in ClientUserInfo to check if a model has changed to an illegal one after player has spawned, so if anyone can post some tongue.gif or help me that would be great.

Don't email it to me because someone is crashing my email so i can't access it at the moment mad.gif , so post or pm it here, thanks.

This post has been edited by Kez: Aug 16 2006, 08:08 PM

+Quote Post
gecko
post Aug 16 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #18

King Gecko of 1.0F Dev
Group Icon

Member No.: 2,511

Disableing the model command would be the easiest work around. Also someone needs to compile a fresh 1.0f .so as that one appears to be a debug as it is 4.5mb so something is not right there.

+Quote Post
Kez
post Aug 17 2006, 04:31 PM
Post #19

Sergeant Major

I have tried to do that, but i can't disable it, so far i can detect if a player used a model they aren't supposed to, but i am stuck on sending the model change command.

So far i have fixed the death / suicide / killer messages in logs, and fixed the crouch expliot where if you held fire2 in and stood up you could instant melee.

+Quote Post
Ben
post Aug 17 2006, 06:04 PM
Post #20

Render's Big Man
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Iirc disabling the model command causes some funky stuff to happen with team/clkass change. I can't remember properly as its been a long time since I fiddled with te code base

+Quote Post
Kez
post Aug 17 2006, 08:22 PM
Post #21

Sergeant Major

lol okay, well so far i have it so it checks your team and then your class and if your model isn't right for your team/class then it's supposed to set your model to the proper one except i can't make it work sad.gif
The check for the team/class works great, it's just the setting the client model to the proper one that is not working for me.

This is the code but it says a lot of errors, i really tried hard but i don't know c++ well enough yet mad.gif

CODE

if(strstr(Mdl,"light_b") != 0 )
    {
    g_engfuncs.pfnSetClientKeyValue( pPlayer->entindex(), g_engfuncs.pfnGetInfoKeyBuffer( pPlayer->edict() ), "model", "light_b" );
    }

error C2065: 'pPlayer' : undeclared identifier
error C2227: left of '->entindex' must point to class/struct/union
error C2227: left of '->edict' must point to class/struct/union

Thats what i get, i will fix it but i have to learn some more c++ first smile.gif

This post has been edited by Kez: Aug 17 2006, 08:23 PM

+Quote Post
Manalishi
post Aug 17 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #22

Sergeant Major

Member No.: 3,865

You know greek? Sure looks like it to me...

+Quote Post
Spoofer
post Aug 18 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #23

I ate all your bees.

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2,127

Does this .dll happen to disable grass particles? Or does Kez's earlier model block plugin? I can't get grass particles to appear on 90% of the servers I join, all of which happen to have the model block installed. The "Born In Pain" server doesn't block the model exploit, and that's the only dedicated server I can get to display the grass. On my own listen server the grass shows up normally as well. (All other particles display fine, and my cl_grassamount is at 100).

Has anyone else noticed this? It's not just me, right? Anyone know the exact cause?

EDIT: Does BIP have AMX installed, maybe it's AMX?
EDIT2: Yes, BIP has AMX installed. So it can't be just AMX.
EDIT3: RS server doesn't seem to have the model blocker, and grass doesn't work there either. So it's probably Kez's bg.dll.

This post has been edited by Spoofer: Aug 18 2006, 03:25 PM

+Quote Post
Kez
post Aug 18 2006, 05:32 PM
Post #24

Sergeant Major

I haven't done anything to the grass?
The only changes i did were done where errors popped up, such as in the cannon explosion code and specatator code, absolutely nothing has been done to particle effects or grass or anything else graphic.
So if it is in the dll, then the 1.0f source must be different to the 1.0f compiled and maybe it doesn't have the grass code in it?

innocent.gif

+Quote Post
jackx
post Aug 18 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #25

midnight devcult phenomena
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,223

the x6 server that gecko is hosting has the fix as well afaik, and grass shows up fine there for me... like it does on all other servers

--------------------
no truth - no justice
all false belief
blinded by morality
there shall be... no peace
no peace!

-------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2018 - 03:33 PM