Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 3d Audio (for Mics), Well, yeah
Viktor
post Dec 23 2009, 07:57 AM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,819

I recently found a mod, called Resistance and Liberation. It runs a great microphone service. The audio from microphones differs by distance, and whatever lies between you and the speaker. If someone were far away, you wouldn't hear them, though if they were near, your ears will be raped. I'm not trying to advertise for the game, but I'd like to see if we could try at this idea. For example, linebattles could have alltalk on, but you can only hear your nearby teammates. And are soon about to hear the battle cries of the enemy, charging. It would give a more realistic, feeling, to the game.

Hosting events involving all to hear ones message might be difficult, but a solution to that will come soon. Perhaps a command in console to enable or reenable this yes? Either way, I think if we could come up with something like this, knowing that it is possible in Source, it would be an improvement. It would stop people from talking over each other from across the battlefield, and most importantly, MicSpammers. They for sure will only annoy if right next to you, like I said, and rape your ears.

Here is the example I was speaking of earlier:

3D Voice Audio
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tropical Coke
post Dec 23 2009, 07:48 PM
Post #2

Sergeant Major

Member No.: 13,371

The way BG2 is, arcady, it wouldn't work at all. Not even in linebattle. Everyone is too spread out.

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Dec 24 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #3

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

I generally like RnL, but it would take a full scale overhaul to change BG2 to that style of game. You have to remember also that 18th century fighting is much slower paced, even than WWII. If we did full realism, very few people would like it because reloading and fighting would be much slower than it is now.

But I do like the concept of earshot voice radius. We may look into that, but we'll see.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Viktor
post Dec 24 2009, 02:29 AM
Post #4

Private

Member No.: 13,819

Having this in BG might force players to turn towards more complex tactics. For example, not everyone in the line could hear the commander, like Tropical said, but players would improvise and try different formations, and getting used to them.

Also, I spoke with some people, they said it might be too hard to make a command for it, but people also thought simulated bullets as a bind would be a bit difficult as well. Right now I don't think players are ready for this kind of addon. It will give a more realistic feeling, but will take a while to adapt to.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th December 2019 - 08:57 AM