IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can We Afford You Clans' Exclusive Training?
Norse-Dragon
post Jul 15 2012, 05:48 AM
Post #1

Private

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,085

Good day ladies and gentleman, but may I have a word with you?

I'm sorry that this mod came to such a state of low-activity that I had to come on here and ask you clans this. But is it really wise to hole yourselves up and shut out those not in your clan out? If you haven't noticed BattleGrounds has been lacking in players, so much so that its a common occurrence for there being one server active- one shutting non-clan members out. Now I admit, I could have just joined an empty server and tried attempting the waiting game, but how long would it have taken for someone to join? I don't have all day, and I'm sure that there are other players of like mindset who would just exit out as well, turned off by this.

And now I just signed on after this having been a few hours ago, and now there are no people on. NONE.
Activity is a domino effect, if you guys didn't lock everybody out, you may have had visitors, but that would have meant more active BG players. Some of which would likely have stayed playing, allowing others to come on and be attracted to the activity.

I'm sorry if I am sounding a little stern here, and do understand that you gents would like some time to yourselves to train your clans and whatnot, but as the title states- can we as a whole really afford it in this state?

This post has been edited by Norse-Dragon: Jul 16 2012, 05:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
James Asner
post Jul 15 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #2

Captain

Member No.: 14,047

trainings are typically an hour. It's not a HUGE burden to the public players. Also, it's not something that can easily be included with public players. It would be like herding cats. Trainings are strict in discipline and formation. You can't do that with ANYONE joining a server at ANYTIME. Just find out the servers training schedule and don't play bg2 during that time.

This post has been edited by James Asner: Jul 15 2012, 02:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Norse-Dragon
post Jul 15 2012, 03:27 PM
Post #3

Private

Member No.: 15,085

You missed my last line. I understand this, but there is too little activity for this, in my opinion. I'm sure others agree as well.

+Quote Post
Quite Churlishly
post Jul 16 2012, 09:22 AM
Post #4

Towne Crier

Member No.: 5,548

Norse-Dragon, I'm taking heed of your post in the forums and I'm hereby removing the very notion of training for my clan's server.

Wait. I don't do training.

Feel free to participate in a '76 Pick-Up whenever you want, we're public for almost everything when we're on.

--------------------
Openly admitting to being a "troll" and I hate children. Just saying!

+Quote Post
BIKA
post Jul 16 2012, 08:43 PM
Post #5

Lieutennant

Member No.: 14,854

Answer to title-- yes.

--------------------
__
(^_^=)[XXXX]~
BIKA
\_+_//_+_\

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Jul 17 2012, 12:22 AM
Post #6

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 14,831

There are not even many clans left that are large enough to host private trainings. I can think of four at most, and as James pointed out it's only an hour, and typically on the weekends. Also the main reason for lack of activity at the moment is Steam has messed up the server browsers for all mods. People simply can't find servers to play on.

--------------------
bjn: no time for sean nanny goons

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Jul 17 2012, 01:02 AM
Post #7

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

Fun fact: the first private trainings in BG for line battles were not held in BG even. They took place in Pirate Vikings and Knights (the original for HL1), and all the players had to be sniper pirates (only musket/rifle class). Team fire was turned on. However these, although private, still degraded into knife TKing events where the players would not follow orders and instead just knife each other in spawn. True story. Events like these are actually a party of what made skirmish the main style of play for many years.

ANYWAY, yes try hooking onto a game with more freewheeling group. There's often somebody playing pub or pick up games if you look.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st September 2017 - 08:34 AM