IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bg2-svn Bugs, not sure where this goes.
James Asner
post Apr 9 2011, 10:38 PM
Post #1

Captain

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,047

Some of these are detailed so read carefully.

1. "scoping" into ironsights and firing in quick succession will cause smoke and sound on the client but only recoil on the server.

2. guns on elevated brushes, like decks and bridges, are often impossible to pick up.

3. spending all your shot and picking up an empty weapon causes a player to bug, losing his hud and weapon. He will continue to crouch in thirdperson until he jumps. If the player reloads or switches weapons he will crash.

4. spending all but 1 bullet with a loaded pistol I pick up an unload pistol. it switches me to saber. I try to switch back and I crash.

5. If you have a third slot weapon equipped (sword,knife,axe)and try to pick up a gun you will *crash*

6. If you shoot all your bullets with a class that has a slot 3 melee weapon and pick up a gun before the game auto switches to the third slot, the game crashes when you try to switch to the gun.*crash*

7. Many sleeves are the wrong color and "glitch" back and forth between red with buttons and green. This is seen in the light and royal infantry.

8. Picking up the natives hawk gives you his arm. This is true for other classes as well.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Apr 10 2011, 03:47 PM
Post #2

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

QUOTE (James Asner @ Apr 9 2011, 06:38 PM) *
Some of these are detailed so read carefully.

1. "scoping" into ironsights and firing in quick succession will cause smoke and sound on the client but only recoil on the server.

2. guns on elevated brushes, like decks and bridges, are often impossible to pick up.

3. spending all your shot and picking up an empty weapon causes a player to bug, losing his hud and weapon. He will continue to crouch in thirdperson until he jumps. If the player reloads or switches weapons he will crash.

4. spending all but 1 bullet with a loaded pistol I pick up an unload pistol. it switches me to saber. I try to switch back and I crash.

5. If you have a third slot weapon equipped (sword,knife,axe)and try to pick up a gun you will *crash*

6. If you shoot all your bullets with a class that has a slot 3 melee weapon and pick up a gun before the game auto switches to the third slot, the game crashes when you try to switch to the gun.*crash*

7. Many sleeves are the wrong color and "glitch" back and forth between red with buttons and green. This is seen in the light and royal infantry.

8. Picking up the natives hawk gives you his arm. This is true for other classes as well.

The arms business is being worked on by Steve, who is reworking that stuff at the moment. The other stuff we will look into. Given the partially complete status of the weap swap system, these sorts of bugs will have to be ironed out.

--------------------

+Quote Post
irish_thomas
post Apr 27 2011, 10:23 PM
Post #3

why?

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,246

I can explain that, all source games/mods use what's known as a view model,this is what you see on your screen for 1st person. to animate these weapons and such they implement arms, however BG2 has only 1 type of model and texture for these weapons, you can view this in hammer editor the directory should be
weapons>view models>
for example you pick up the butter knife you will also be picking up the frontiersmans arms.

to solve this they need to make copies of the weapons with all types of character arms i would believe.

Anyhow the reason you have this issue is cause the bg2 team has yet to re do the weapons

This post has been edited by irish_thomas: Apr 27 2011, 10:25 PM

--------------------
{22nd}Gen.Killeruk: i like 69th
{22nd}Gen.Killeruk: i just dont like port,irish and metal

+Quote Post
Ad-Man
post Apr 27 2011, 10:27 PM
Post #4

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,147

Yeah, instead of making copies we are adding the different arms as submodels.

--------------------
Do you cant read me ? Not read ..
Not like whot i write ? not read too ...
Where is the problem ?

QUOTE (Copywright (wallhacker/bad modeler))
BGu had a chance of coming back but Roob failed sad really

+Quote Post
Nathan Hale
post Apr 27 2011, 11:41 PM
Post #5

Original BG First Release Player
Group Icon

Member No.: 124

QUOTE (irish_thomas @ Apr 27 2011, 06:23 PM) *

I can explain that, all source games/mods use what's known as a view model,this is what you see on your screen for 1st person. to animate these weapons and such they implement arms, however BG2 has only 1 type of model and texture for these weapons, you can view this in hammer editor the directory should be
weapons>view models>
for example you pick up the butter knife you will also be picking up the frontiersmans arms.

to solve this they need to make copies of the weapons with all types of character arms i would believe.

Anyhow the reason you have this issue is cause the bg2 team has yet to re do the weapons

Steve is working on this, but has had some technical problems with his main computer. But yes, you're correct about needing a fix for it. Fortunately Steve is on it and has made progress.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Forlorn_Hope
post May 12 2011, 11:14 AM
Post #6

Cat Herder in Chief
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 2,023

Just so people know, the two big things we're trying to iron out for this patch are weapon switching and the ticket system. There are bugs with both. Steve is working on the weapon switching, and Tjoppen the ticket system. Does anyone know of any bugs with the ticket system?

--------------------
"There will be no more naked sunbathing." An actual rule for the base I was on, in the middle of Afghanistan.

"Forlorn basically said everything right." Codename:V

+Quote Post
klifsnider
post May 12 2011, 01:13 PM
Post #7

Major
Group Icon

Group: BG Dev. Team
Member No.: 7,408

QUOTE (Forlorn_Hope @ May 12 2011, 01:14 PM) *
Just so people know, the two big things we're trying to iron out for this patch are weapon switching and the ticket system. There are bugs with both. Steve is working on the weapon switching, and Tjoppen the ticket system. Does anyone know of any bugs with the ticket system?

We playtested it in january I think. Don't think there were any bugs, but it's a pretty boring thing at the moment. Both teams have exactly the same amount of tickets, and the tickets don't drain if you hold more flags or something. So you can't use it for attack & defend purposes or create an interesting new skirmish gamemode. I hope Tjoppen finds the time to make it better :)

--------------------
Collected awards in BGU matches:
>Most Annoying Playstyle
>Lamest Killstealer
>Best Spectator

+Quote Post
gRanTeLbArT
post May 12 2011, 04:05 PM
Post #8

aaaaaa | TRR scream team
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 3,115

It also needs a seperate hud element, so it doesn't abuse the score showing thing. At least that is my opinion. The score board needs to show the number of rounds won by each team when it's ticket mode + LMS, maybe we should actually have the number of fullcaps/rounds won shown somewhere anyway, in all game modes.

--------------------
The Elders have foreseen victory this day!
Member of the TRR scream team.

+Quote Post
Steve
post May 12 2011, 10:59 PM
Post #9

Now avalible in Burdiet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,857

My computer blew up.

I've fixed the current weapons/muskets, adding default arms + hands to the tomahawk will possibly be... time consuming (vertex/joint reasignment).

--------------------
Tropical Coke : AMURICA R AMBAR WAVZ OF GRANE

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 02:49 PM