> Bg_carribean, simple map, new stuff
AngryTaxPayer
post Jan 18 2014, 04:55 AM
Post #1

His Lordship
Group Icon

Group: Retired Team Members
Member No.: 5,683

Well it has been a long time, but I finally got the itch to make a map again. The purpose of this map is really to show off some new grass that I created. The texture is a grass/sand blend and comes with its own detail type called, well, TaxPayer. DetailTax.vbsp (included in the rar file) shows an example of how to use the grass without sacrificing too much, however feel free to experiment. This map also comes with new models, a skybox, and some other assorted textures.
I have not tested this map on a server and this map was not created to be super balanced or anything.

DOWNLOAD LINK 1 FILEDROPPER
http://www.filedropper.com/carribean

DOWNLOAD LINK 2 GAMEFRONT (they make you answer like 2 questions to download, never used to idk what thats all about..)
http://www.gamefront.com/files/23990520/carribean.rar

This post has been edited by AngryTaxPayer: Jan 18 2014, 04:20 PM

--------------------

The essential act of war is destruction, not necessarily of human lives, but of the products of human labor. War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent. And at the same time the consciousness of being at war, and therefore in danger, makes the handing-over of all power to a small caste seem the natural, unavoidable condition of survival. -George Orwell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3DDEATH
post Jan 19 2014, 06:20 PM
Post #2

Major

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,430

Hey Tax, Fun map. Really like the new textures. GJ

--------------------

QUOTE (gRanTeLbArT @ Aug 25 2007, 02:47 PM) *
I will tell you what I think, this is horrible. Like all the other remakes of BG1 maps. There is a reason why we do not do that in any form. Do not bother to remake old bg1 maps. BG1 was a totally different game as draco pointed out and the maps are not going to work out on BG2.

Rejoice in thy youth,soon it will be gone

+Quote Post
Hawke
post Jan 21 2014, 09:24 AM
Post #3

Top player, top choice
Group Icon

Group: Team Leader
Member No.: 14,831

Interesting ideas at work, I particularly like the details sprites it's nice to see some flowers mixed in with the grass. The ship sprite seems very strange to me however, as it is under full sail with it's royals and staysails out, but it is not moving anywhere.

--------------------
bjn: no time for sean nanny goons

+Quote Post
AngryTaxPayer
post Jan 22 2014, 01:49 AM
Post #4

His Lordship
Group Icon

Member No.: 5,683

Thanks Death, glad you like it. Hawke, the ship was a last minute touch and, while I agree it is a bit odd, it was just for funzies.

For anyone who wishes to use the ship in a map and have it move, it wouldn't be that hard to implement by placing a track using "path_track" .
1) Use entity tool to place path_track entities around the island (or wherever you want it to go).
2) Name each track entity something like path1, path2, path3, etc.... set Next Stop Target for path1 as path2 and 2 to 3 etc. (if this is done correctly you will see lines being drawn in hammer from path entity to path entity making a track).
3) Create a world brush the ship painted on one side and all other sides being nodraw.
4) Select the brush, control+T to make it an entity, name it func_tanktrain.
5) Set the First Stop Target to path1, set Initial Speed to a value greater than 0 (1 being super slow, probably use something like a 10??), and in the flags check No User Control.
The ship should automatically align itself on the track and start sailing once the game starts. :)

--------------------

The essential act of war is destruction, not necessarily of human lives, but of the products of human labor. War is a way of shattering to pieces, or pouring into the stratosphere, or sinking in the depths of the sea, materials which might otherwise be used to make the masses too comfortable, and hence, in the long run, too intelligent. And at the same time the consciousness of being at war, and therefore in danger, makes the handing-over of all power to a small caste seem the natural, unavoidable condition of survival. -George Orwell

+Quote Post
hairypotter
post Jan 23 2014, 05:32 PM
Post #5

Part of the Big Five conspiracy
Group Icon

Member No.: 3,585

Looks neat.

--------------------
fa⋅ce⋅tious  [fuh-see-shuhs] –adjective
1. not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetious remark.
2. amusing; humorous.
3. lacking serious intent; concerned with something nonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a BG2 developer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 07:00 AM