Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bugs
The Battle Grounds Forums > Battle Grounds 2 Main > Beta Testers > Bug Reports > Fixed Bugs
ontelo
Hello I am new at here and I don't really have time for reading all 'just said' bugs through.

I just want to help dev team to improve this great source mod so don't whine back.

Bugs:

Smoke bug
Sometimes firing animation just happens and smoke comes out. Weird thing is that the player himself doesn't see the firing animation, but others do.

Firing pin
Firing pin lives its own life. It goes up and down, and up again. Something to do with model animations?

Sprites
When I recevie my weapon at respawn crow bar icon/sprite is shown bottom right of the screen.

Bullet shell sounds
Sometimes I hear sound of dropping bullet shells. There aren't any shells?

Weapons are unbalanced
IMO
Seebaer
Smoke bug
Sometimes firing animation just happens and smoke comes out. Weird thing is that the player himself doesn't see the firing animation, but others do.

Firing pin
Firing pin lives its own life. It goes up and down, and up again. Something to do with model animations?

we are aware of these bugs

Sprites
When I recevie my weapon at respawn crow bar icon/sprite is shown bottom right of the screen.

that has something to do with HL-DM, BG is build on HL-DM, and so also the weapons are contained in the deeps of the code. i think tjoppen is working on this bug

Bullet shell sounds

hm, thats new for me, is it possible that you mean the sound when bullets itself hit the ground and not the shells!?

Weapons are unbalanced
IMO

that's not a bug, thats a thing of taste grin.gif
regis
Bullet shell sounds

i hear it too.
Monkwarrior
QUOTE(regis @ Sep 21 2005, 11:36 PM)
Bullet shell sounds

i hear it too.
[snapback]11504[/snapback]

Not only do I hear the shells, I also see them dropping to the ground.
travis
I hear the bullets, also yest i actually saw a shell! nfi where.
Seebaer
Okay, I know why you guys hear the shell sounds. They are included in the firing sounds, for example: .../sound/weapons/brownbess/fire1.mp3

I think that is possible to fix for the next release.

I checked the mdl's files of the weapons and also the animations. There are no shells include. I also thought it could be a bug in the qc file, that there were animations included taken from original HLČ (and so also shell aniations), but it's not the case. I decompiled the animations of the brownbess and checked them in max, but there are no bones and no models for shells...

so if you see it again, hit instantly print button, or screencapture key and post it here.
Tjoppen
I found the reason. In w_pistol_a/b.qc there's an event # 6001 in the fire animation. This corresponds to CL_EVENT_EJECTBRASS1. You fill in the blanks.

I just fixed that and also while I was at it, the automatic smoke issue. Compiled and it seems to work fine. 20 bots without the ability to shoot and no spontaneous smoke!
PG Tips
Nice one.

Have you figured out why classes often have the wrong weapon showing.
I.E officers having brownbess'
Tjoppen
That is due to the way playermodels are changed on class changes. I'll have to poke around some for that though.
ontelo
Well more bugs:

1st at the server
When I join to the server game automatically (bad thing) pics me random side and class.

Models
Rifles are kept hand like they were pistols.
Seebaer
QUOTE(Tjoppen @ Sep 22 2005, 04:12 PM)
That is due to the way playermodels are changed on class changes. I'll have to poke around some for that though.
[snapback]11545[/snapback]

tjoppen is on it :happy: so it's only a question of time grin.gif

the thing with the random team and class will be fixed, please note that BG:S is only a beta, so we add things step by step, so please be patient flower.gif
Monkwarrior
QUOTE(Tjoppen @ Sep 22 2005, 05:58 PM)
I just fixed that and also while I was at it, the automatic smoke issue. Compiled and it seems to work fine. 20 bots without the ability to shoot and no spontaneous smoke!
[snapback]11543[/snapback]

Way to go Tjoppen !!!!
This is very important, because all of us are watching closly if your enemy has fired his gun or not. Sure hope you find another big one concerning gameplay: the missing 3rd person load animations kiss.gif

Monk.
Seebaer
the missing 3rd person reload animations are not a bug, they are simply not included :tongue:
tomdon
There is a bit of a reload animation. It uses the pistol reload, as soon as reload is pressed it plays. It just isnt as long as a full musket reload.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2017 Invision Power Services, Inc.