Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pistol Whipping
The Battle Grounds Forums > Battle Grounds 2 Main > Feedback/Suggestions
oo7
there are a few players i wouldnt mind pistol whipping or smashing in the face with the butt of a rifle, how about adding that as a feature, alternate melee

or if you are commander for example, in melee and there is more then 1 player attacking you, you should be able to slash from left to right or vice versa and hit more then 1 enemy at a time

would also be good if you could damage your bayonet when you miss, eg if you hit a wall by mistake you will blunten it or even break it, and then you would have to use the rifle butt technique i mentioned

or give more options for reloading, eg load multiple shots but take longer to reload

i have to go now, but ill try to think up some more amazing ideas for you to reject

analord
pretty good idea
oo7
or how about adding a feature so that you press a button to take cover behind a wall and you either press it again or run the opposite way to leave the cover position, whilst taking cover you could lean out to shoot with minimal exposure, maybe also with slightly increased aim from steadying your weapon
Quite Churlishly
And then this alternate melee causes the enemy's stamina to be zero'd briefly preventing them from attacking!
oo7
or just for a joke you could have it so you can cut someones arm of and they drop their weapon and are defenseless with virtually no health and bleed to death

and of course could always bring back the crouch bug and definately the 'just leave it to me' voice command
gRanTeLbArT
Some of these ideas are actually things we would like to do, but cant because of the significant effort it would require to update all weapon models and the player models with the required animations. We have barely even managed to get these things right for the 2 new classes that we have integrated into the next bg2 version.

The left-to-right slash sounds possible, but you have to consider that such a slash would not have quite the same range as the current stabbing attack, so it would be more like a better version of the knife attack and be very unlikely to happen a lot.

QUOTE (oo7 @ Aug 5 2009, 07:13 PM) *
or how about adding a feature so that you press a button to take cover behind a wall and you either press it again or run the opposite way to leave the cover position, whilst taking cover you could lean out to shoot with minimal exposure, maybe also with slightly increased aim from steadying your weapon

I think this is not such a good idea because we don't want to make a lot of the players sit in cover and shoot - if crouching doesn't get you in a good position somewhere, you will have to find another place to sit or rush forward. We want BG2 games to be very dynamic skirmish battles.

Loading multiple shots isnt quite possible with the guns that are in the game, but different kind of ammunition would be possible.
hairypotter
We should add blowdarts o the officer classes for some reason.
oo7
well surely it would be incredibly easy to bring back the 'just leave it to me' voice command, that was the best one on bg1

and what about decapitations occasionally, dying is a bit generic

and capture the flag mode
oo7
and with regards to the taking cover thing, what about if you cant shoot whilst taking cover
Quite Churlishly
But don't improve the melee too much or the pubbers won't reload right in front of me.
Pollux
QUOTE (A51 @ Aug 5 2009, 11:04 PM) *
But don't improve the melee too much or the pubbers won't reload right in front of me.

Arrogance: +2
Tribal Sniper
Areah I now make you Arrogance level: 1548699 for all the previous arrogance's in your life time. tongue.gif
Gouldins
no whip in the game. bayonet more use is better. stab them with it. but use of the whip? that weapon is not even pressent. Why? use the pistol not a whip. or use the sword or bayonet. but whip is not the same and not strong as the long bayonet stab. musket of power and clos pistol the better.
oo7
QUOTE (Gouldins @ Aug 13 2009, 05:21 AM) *
no whip in the game. bayonet more use is better. stab them with it. but use of the whip? that weapon is not even pressent. Why? use the pistol not a whip. or use the sword or bayonet. but whip is not the same and not strong as the long bayonet stab. musket of power and clos pistol the better.

do you even understand what 'pistol whip' means? more to the point, do you even own hl2???
Nathan Hale
QUOTE (Gouldins @ Aug 13 2009, 12:21 AM) *

If I'm reading you right, then this applies:

"Whip" and "pistol whip" aren't the same thing. "Pistol whip" is to use the handle part of the pistol to strike someone like a club, or to club with the barrel of a longer gun. It's basically using the gun as a club.
oo7
correct, with hitting with the rifle butt the alternative for the other classes, a whip is not involved :)
ewoK
Gouldins what country do you live in?
51st.Parabellum
you guys should take out the muskets and guns and all that trash and leave us with bayonets. you could mount the bayo on an ol' crutch or big stick, and you can call the game BayonetGrounds2 : moar bayonets.
how aboot it? clover.gif
gRanTeLbArT
No. Just expect to see a lot of improvements about shooting with the ironsights and a little fixing here and there. There is a surprise for people who will try out sv_simulatedbullets 0 when the new version is out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.