Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bg_quebec
The Battle Grounds Forums > Battle Grounds 2 Main > Beta Testers
Quite Churlishly
So I found a spot on bg_quebec where you can climb (without wallwalking/boosting even) up a wall and then effectively get out of intended map zone. Demo included:
http://www.filefront.com/15776471/quebecundermap.dem
gRanTeLbArT
I don't know if bg_quebec really goes in this version. I have to look at it but I think it doesn't feel really complete to me.
Nathan Hale
I'd like to see Quebec repaired and added to 2.0. It's a fun map with a really unique, nice atmosphere. It has some nice history in the build too. I think if we put some testing in and see what Tax and Agent can do with the map, that we can really make it work well. They've already done a good job on Miningtown and have Plantation in the works. Finishing work on Quebec would make that a really nice 3 map combination.

By the way, everyone should check out the new SVN Plateau map-- it's coming nicely.
Quite Churlishly
I went through quebec myself and I kind of liked it. It reminded me slightly of newengland from bg1 only it was generally smaller and darker.

I say it'd be pretty worthy of release if you hammered all the kinks out.
3DDEATH
This is a Awesome map and needs to be fixed and put in next release. I downloaded the svn and would like to say NICE and I know my good friend TAX is working hard to bring what we invision one tipsy night together.
Nathan Hale
QUOTE (3DDEATH @ Apr 16 2010, 09:34 PM) *
This is a Awesome map and needs to be fixed and put in next release. I downloaded the svn and would like to say NICE and I know my good friend TAX is working hard to bring what we invision one tipsy night together.

Yes, this one is being finished up. I really like this map, it just has a great feel and atmosphere to it. It's a shame Cycophant stopped mapping after Quebec. I really would have liked to see him take a crack at some other historical battles.
Peacekeeper90
3ddeath: then you will like this new effect on the map ^^

klifsnider
Sorry Nathan, but I dont like the new plateau :/ It was quite a nice skirmish map where you could do a decent match on - but you added new flags and now that seems impossible.
I did like the stone walls though. They look nice.

Btw nice modular texture blend peacekeeper ;)
gRanTeLbArT
I think all flags are 1 player caps on plateau. So I don't quite see the problem.. should be able to cap and maybe even easier than the old one
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.