Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A New League
The Battle Grounds Forums > Battle Grounds 2 Main > General Talk
AngryIRSAgent
The league has already been put in place for the BG North Americans. The name I believe is BGU. Big Bird came up with the name. Battle Grounds United. A group of people who coexist for a greater purpose.

League will consist of teams who each have a representative vote.

The votes will be used only if discrepencies arise. In case of a tie, Nathan Hale will have final say. Nathan was voted as BGU admin a week ago.

I expect my euro friend New Roob to post the new site when he awakes. I urge all teams to register their teams accordingly.

If at all possible Id like to have a meeting around 10pmish est on Saturday night to get the ball rolling and not miss a week. Try to be there.

Dubyah
cn i jOne
Ad-Man
Temporary URL: http://bgpl.ignorelist.com/

Matches will be on Sundays at 9PM Eastern.

Any NA clan is free to join. We were no intending to go live this week, no matter with such short notice but we may be able to have matches this weekend, no promises but we will do our best to make this happen. I will work on this situation when I return from work at 3PM EDT.
AngryTaxPayer
As a long and violent abuse of power is generally the means of calling the right of it in question, (and in matters too which might never have been thought of, had not the sufferers been aggravated into the inquiry,) and as the Admin of North America hath undertaken in his own right, to support .the in what he calls theirs, and as the good people of this game are grievously oppressed by the combination, they have an undoubted privilege to inquire into the pretensions of both, and equally to reject the usurpations of either. -Thomas Paine, Common Sense (Slightly modified of course)

jackx
Nice flyer, but was the further mangling of that pretentious piece of garbage political rhetoric really necessary? Common Sense is a bad enough piece of provocative and apologetic drivel as is, meant only to excite unrest and justify excess.

(That'd be the historian's way of saying "don't feed the troll", btw., in addition to taking a stab at Paine that I just couldn't resist. ;) )
AngryTaxPayer
nothing is necessary, I was merely hoping to provoke some sort of response, and thanks to you , I did. :)
Pollux
QUOTE (Dubyah @ Jun 19 2010, 04:48 AM) *
cn i jOne

Because the new league doesn't have a VAC ban rule, you cn jOne.

Not that it ever mattered, though. You played in every match to begin with.
Nathan Hale
QUOTE (jackx @ Jun 19 2010, 09:40 AM) *
Nice flyer, but was the further mangling of that pretentious piece of garbage political rhetoric really necessary? Common Sense is a bad enough piece of provocative and apologetic drivel as is, meant only to excite unrest and justify excess.

(That'd be the historian's way of saying "don't feed the troll", btw., in addition to taking a stab at Paine that I just couldn't resist. ;) )

In many ways it was visionary in that it foretold what in the west is known as the "Romantic" period of literature and writing in the early 1800s-- flowery writing that resides somewhere between poetry and prose, quicker to appeal to the heart than the more rational mind. Nevertheless all causes have their own propaganda, and Common Sense was just that sort of thing for the Americans. Though it's easy to degrade it to the status of "drivel", it did serve to bring some renewed passion and hope for to the cause for many people in the darker days of the Revolution.
TIEdup14
A league where VAC bans, cheating, and exploits are not only allowed, but encouraged-- no thanks.
AngryTaxPayer
QUOTE (TIEdup14 @ Jun 19 2010, 01:38 PM) *
A league where VAC bans, cheating, and exploits are not only allowed, but encouraged-- no thanks.

I do believe you are taking some liberties with that statement sir. This unions primary goal is to take the decision making from the few and leave it to the masses by way of selected representatives. Regulations regarding the above stated matters will be set and administered by the collective. The fact that this upsets you is disturbing to say the least.
Ad-Man
QUOTE (TIEdup14 @ Jun 19 2010, 06:38 PM) *

Damn, I knew we should have just called it the Battlegrounds Hacking League.
3DDEATH
QUOTE (TIEdup14 @ Jun 19 2010, 05:38 PM) *

hmmm
Ad-Man
Hey death, you should restart 3D and join the new league.
TIEdup14
QUOTE (AngryTaxPayer @ Jun 19 2010, 02:16 PM) *
This unions primary goal is to take the decision making from the few and leave it to the masses

Ironic.
Pollux

The BGU is encouraging its members to be VAC banned? wut.

Nobody has ever said we allowed cheating, and we're keeping the ones who have been caught hacking in BGL matches out, but we all came to an agreement that the VAC rule was ridiculous. We're not the internet police.
Hamburglar
can we get a page up on the website for easy access to hack downloads?
hairypotter
QUOTE (Hamburglar @ Jun 20 2010, 03:37 AM) *
can we get a page up on the website for easy access to hack downloads?

No, you have to PM me.
AngryIRSAgent
Tonights meeting. Still going on.

Representatives Present.....

BRO-Duncan and Pollux
OBCD-Danihel and newroob
SS and affiliates-BIGBIRD
AP-AGENT
OWN-QuiteChurlishly
HGN/ISP-BakedMeatyTorpedo
BGU Admin-Nathan Hale

9 Teams Represented.

I expect our ADMIN Nathan Hale to post his notes from this meeting once its over.
Nathan Hale
QUOTE (AngryIRSAgent @ Jun 19 2010, 11:47 PM) *
Tonights meeting. Still going on.

Representatives Present.....

BRO-Duncan and Pollux
OBCD-Danihel and newroob
SS and affiliates-BIGBIRD
AP-AGENT
OWN-QuiteChurlishly
HGN/ISP-BakedMeatyTorpedo
BGU Admin-Nathan Hale

9 Teams Represented.

I expect our ADMIN Nathan Hale to post his notes from this meeting once its over.

The notes are posted at the BGU forum (and Agent has added the notes from meeting 1 as well).
Ad-Man
Would all teams wanting to participate please sign up here: http://bgpl.ignorelist.com/newclan.php
3DDEATH
QUOTE (Pollux @ Jun 20 2010, 03:39 AM) *

The BGU is encouraging its members to be VAC banned? wut.

Nobody has ever said we allowed cheating, and we're keeping the ones who have been caught hacking in BGL matches out, but we all came to an agreement that the VAC rule was ridiculous. We're not the internet police.

So you are not playing I take it. I think the community should know that the ones running and forming this league are the DEV team members and 80% AP Clan and its Affiliates. Good luck with your corrupt league of misfits and jobless bums. Ok Keith and Tribal step 2.

http://bgpl.ignorelist.com/ Also McAfee found Potential security risk on this site
jackx
*puts on tinfoil hat*

Conspiracy, here we go again.

The dev team is not running that league, members of the dev team are - in their capacity as clan players, and in the case of Nathan, as a generally respected figure within the bg community.

This whole league has only been brought up on the dev forums once, while discussing the general "dev team conspiracy" thread, and only because I mentioned it after having heard people talk about it on the AP server.
This is a NA clan community effort as far as I can see, backed by the actual majority of NA clan players.

I've been to the site repeatedly, and so far, had no warnings about a security risk whatsoever. I'm ont using McAffee, but avast! has been very reliable for me so far.

Not that it really matters if there is one, you'd be stupid if you weren't trying to detract from something that'll ruin your sense of continued importance by all means possible - twisting statements, deliberate misinterpretation and false accusations are all valid tactics in my books - but in this case, I doubt they'll do you any good.
Quite Churlishly
http://bgpl.ignorelist.com/ Also McAfee found Potential security risk on this site

No viruses detected by me. I guess Death's anti-virus is corrupted just like our new league.

Death really needs to play some Garry's Mod and learn how to troll better. Don't you think?
3DDEATH
QUOTE (Quite Churlishly @ Jun 20 2010, 02:13 PM) *

No viruses detected by me. I guess Death's anti-virus is corrupted just like our new league.

Death really needs to play some Garry's Mod and learn how to troll better. Don't you think?

Another stupid post Area, didnt say there is viruses, maybe to much Garys mod for u, get a job LOSER
Quite Churlishly
Another stupid post Area, didnt say there is viruses, maybe to much Garys mod for u, get a job LOSER

Another stupid post, Area. I didn't say there were viruses. Maybe too much Garry's mod for you (?) Get a job, loser!

Uno: That's the point.
Dos: You implied it.
Tres: I agree.
Cuatro: Why are you going through such trouble to defame people? It's rather tiresome.
3DDEATH
QUOTE (Quite Churlishly @ Jun 20 2010, 01:27 PM) *

Another stupid post, Area. I didn't say there were viruses. Maybe too much Garry's mod for you (?) Get a job, loser!

Uno: That's the point.
Dos: You implied it.
Tres: I agree.
Cuatro: Why are you going through such trouble to defame people? It's rather tiresome.

Same reason You do, Im learning to troll to, back the subject, Meetings wow wasn't that a sore topic in the real league, hmm whos Idea was that. Yes I may play I'm thinking of a good name though.
ImnotDeathbotbroloser.

Why are you going through such trouble to defame people? It's rather tiresome. like the little kids u defame because u think its funny
Quite Churlishly
QUOTE (3DDEATH @ Jun 20 2010, 09:38 AM) *
Same reason You do, Im learning to troll to, back the subject, Meetings wow wasn't that a sore topic in the real league, hmm whos Idea was that. Yes I may play I'm thinking of a good name though.
ImnotDeathbotbroloser.

Why are you going through such trouble to defame people? It's rather tiresome. like the little kids u defame because u think its funny

I'm so glad you're concerned about the well-being of people the Battle Grounds community! And here I thought the feelings in your heart towards anyone in our server had grown so cold and callous that it was beyond salvation. THERE'S HOPE FOR THIS MAN! zorro.gif

That sounds like a cool name but you need to add numbers in it so it seems more fishy.
3DDEATH
Oh another thing I learned in my 250 matches as bgl admin is that I shouldn't be associated with a clan and that was from Nathan Hale and a few others. Everything so far that was disputed in BGL is happening here. Again why must all of this be a power to control. Agent got what he wanted and thats me out and he in. Trust me when i say Im not quiting but just lawls at all of this. It reminds of kids who cant make up there mind or are just so spoiled in getting there way. I hope your league flys but I seem to doubt it. Someone will find away to bring you down to. Its the BG way.
Quite Churlishly
I think we all just care about playing matches and not worrying about auto-forfeits every week. I mean, that's just my observation.
hairypotter
Nice to have you on-board DEATH.

Another post by troll DEATH. Lulz.
Ad-Man
Death is not a BGL admin
He is the newest famous troll
3DDEATH
QUOTE (Quite Churlishly @ Jun 20 2010, 03:19 PM) *
I think we all just care about playing matches and not worrying about auto-forfeits every week. I mean, that's just my observation.

Say what Auto Forfeits, omg another good post and another from HP, the hits keep rolling. Im just letting everyone know how it was and will always be as long as you guys run the show. Speaking of trolls GG HP note my sign!!!
hairypotter
QUOTE (3DDEATH @ Jun 20 2010, 04:30 PM) *
Speaking of trolls GG HP note my sign!!!

Oh, ouch.
Ad-Man
That pointing finger looks awfully brown death, is that some sort of racist statement?
Bobmer
QUOTE (3DDEATH @ Jun 20 2010, 09:13 AM) *
It reminds of kids who cant make up there mind or are just so spoiled in getting there way.

I usually don't get involved in this forum bullshit, but honestly Death every dispute I've ever seen between you and Agent (or anyone else for that matter) you always got your way. I just find it rather amusing that you call them spoiled kids who always get their way when you constantly feel the need to force your decisions rather than trying to compromise (or at the very least follow the rules of your league). It is no surprise that a new league is being formed when the management of the old one is so hard to work with, especially when the management is associated with a clan. This new league is being set up to be run by the group rather than allow someone like you to get a power trip over pushing your rules over everyone else, rules that seem to be reinterpreted in different situations to fit your needs.

P.S. Fuck off about the VAC banned people being allowed to play. If you would pay attention all it means is that people who hacked in games other that BG will be allowed to play. BG hackers will of course not be permitted.

Really looking forward to your reply, more than likely it will be horribly written to the point that it is almost unintelligible. My god man, maybe it bothers me so much because I am an editor, but how the hell do you expect people to understand what you are saying? I almost feel like I'm trying to decipher a coded message anytime I attempt to get through one of your posts/rants. I almost feel compelled to correct it for you and repost it in English so everyone understands it.
hairypotter
QUOTE (Bobmer @ Jun 20 2010, 05:14 PM) *
I almost feel compelled to correct it for you and repost it in English so everyone understands it.

Hey. Looks like we've got a new position open on the DEV team: DEATH's interpreter.
Forlorn_Hope
I'm not sure if his resume is good enough...
hairypotter
That's true.

To be DEATH's interpretor, you need to meet the following requirements:
8 years experience playing BG.
Been the leader of a clan for at least 7 of those years.
Can't have ever cheated in any game. Ever.
Made a map. Preferably a box with a single flag.
A good understanding of Redneck.
Smoke Dutch Masters cigars.
Wear a top hat.
Nathan Hale
The internet has enough conspiracy theories as it is.

Closed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.