Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Excited For The Update
The Battle Grounds Forums > Battle Grounds 2 Main > General Talk
Desertfox
Who else is excited for the future update to BG2?

Long live Bg2!
person with decent eyes
Wait, you're saying that people actually update this game?
Desertfox
QUOTE (person with decent eyes @ Nov 28 2012, 03:59 PM) *

That is what I've been told. innocent.gif
Hawke
QUOTE (person with decent eyes @ Nov 28 2012, 03:59 PM) *

Actually, yes. We have recently reorganized and streamlined the development team. And are moving along with development for version 2.2 of Battle Grounds. In the following months we're going to be regularly releasing content updates here on the forums and on our Moddb page, so keep your eyes open.
gecko
I'm looking forwards to the port of BG to the Doom engine. Forget going forwards with technology, lets go backwards!
ewoK
QUOTE (gecko @ Nov 29 2012, 03:20 AM) *
I'm looking forwards to the port of BG to the Doom engine. Forget going forwards with technology, lets go backwards!

1.0F was the worst version of this game, Doom engine would be an upgrade over that IMFO, long as you're not working on it.
gecko
QUOTE (ewoK @ Nov 29 2012, 08:47 PM) *

1.0F was the worst version of this game, Doom engine would be an upgrade over that IMFO, long as you're not working on it.

True story.

I'm going to spend the rest of my life porting it backwards. Quake II engine next, then Doom, then I hear Tjoppen is going to make an Atari 2600 port.
Desertfox
QUOTE (ewoK @ Nov 29 2012, 09:47 PM) *

What does IMFO mean? In my fucking opinion?

Hopefully the update brings back some older players and some new ones as well.
Steve
Pen and paper BG was the best version.
Nathan Hale
QUOTE (gecko @ Nov 30 2012, 05:23 AM) *
QUOTE (ewoK @ Nov 29 2012, 08:47 PM) *

True story.

I'm going to spend the rest of my life porting it backwards. Quake II engine next, then Doom, then I hear Tjoppen is going to make an Atari 2600 port.

We're basing it on Pitfall. We still need alligator models.
ewoK
QUOTE (Desertfox @ Nov 30 2012, 12:23 PM) *
What does IMFO mean? In my fucking opinion?

ye
*LCG*Buckeye
down to 10 servers on the list as of today, dont know how much longer we can hold on, sure it will be a big boost when It gets "playable" and released, keep up the good work guys, we will be waiting and hoping.
BIKA
QUOTE (*LCG*Buckeye @ Dec 5 2012, 03:34 PM) *
down to 10 servers on the list as of today, dont know how much longer we can hold on, sure it will be a big boost when It gets "playable" and released, keep up the good work guys, we will be waiting and hoping.

Thanks for holding on to this mod for a grand total of >1 years and .5 hours/week activity. You are the inspiration we need to get this mod to the top.

By the way, there is more than 10 servers, and out of all of the servers there is 3 that function correctly; The rest are trash. (Yes, that includes the *LCG* server.)

I'll make sure to keep the spirit alive, though, once I go online with the other 5-10 concurrent players a day.
Hawke
Before this disintegrates into yet another inane rage thread, I would like to make several points.

As a group, source mods are not as popular as they used to be. There are fewer mods being made, and less people to play them. That being said, out of the few active source mods Battle Grounds 2 is still one of the most played. It's still able to draw twenty five, thirty, even forty players to a server on occasion. In my book thats pretty good for a mod as old as this, on an engine as old as source. So before you go yelling that the mod is over and done with, try to look at it with a bit of context.

Steve
Nope, that's just nerves making it jiggle like that. Definitely dead.
Pumbassa
Not to exasperate the argument but I'd say for such an obscure game as BG 2 the community is actually a decent size. An american revolutionary game is quite niche, it's simultaneously BG's strength and weakness. The nature of the game may not be appealing to most fps gamers, slow reloads, inaccurate firearms, sometimes hardcore and strict line battle clans etc. The reality is BG 2 needs a lot more work, look at Neotokyo° one of the most polished and visually accomplished source mods; it's active player base is tiny. Hopefully with further updates and promotion BG will attract new players and retain it's current ones.
Desertfox
QUOTE (Pumbassa @ Dec 9 2012, 05:54 PM) *
Not to exasperate the argument but I'd say for such an obscure game as BG 2 the community is actually a decent size. An american revolutionary game is quite niche, it's simultaneously BG's strength and weakness. The nature of the game may not be appealing to most fps gamers, slow reloads, inaccurate firearms, sometimes hardcore and strict line battle clans etc. The reality is BG 2 needs a lot more work, look at Neotokyo° one of the most polished and visually accomplished source mods; it's active player base is tiny. Hopefully with further updates and promotion BG will attract new players and retain it's current ones.

I can drink to that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.